Saturday, December 31, 2005

Movies Part II

//Movies Part II//

Now that the holidays has come to an end...let me review all the movies I have watched during this holiday, using the first word that came to my mind to describe all these movies...

Cinema:

Flight Plan: Jodie!
She made the movie so much better, I mean how interesting can a movie about a mum looking for a daugher on a plane get. I do like the plot, but I think without Jodie, the movie would have been a lot of worse.

Just Like Heaven: Cheese/Reese!
The show is so cheesy and cliche, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it, cause I loved it! I enjoyed Reese's performance a lot in this movie.

Harry Potter: The Goblet Of Fire: Underrated
I have seen a lot of reviews that criticised this movie to no end. Yes, it's not the best movie in the world, but it's definitely by no means the worst to me, movies are supposed to entertain, and I felt entertained for that 2+ hours.

Prime: Sucks
In the spirit of my favourite fourm "Survivor Sucks", there's only 3 words to describe the movie, sad.grim.pathetic. Uma Thurman looks great though.

Zathura: Meh
It's a nice movie, with okay effects, the kids are cute, but there's just nothing spectacular or anything about this movie that makes is above average.

Noel: Heartwarming
Technically this movie is released in 2004, but since Singapore only brought it in this late, I will just put it here. I just love the movie, and all the little stories about each of the cast that went out, great acting from the entire cast too.

Aeon Flux: Futuristic
Relied pretty much on the special effects, story's not very clearly explained for me, but the effects look realistic enough for me, which cannot be said for "Sound Of Thunder"

Chicken Little: Short
I am actually a little underwhelmed after watching, cause I felt like "Huh, that's all" after the movie ended. It was funny no doubt, but I felt that the whole story plot lacks a climax, it's like they put funny scenes together to assemble a kid's movie.

King Kong: Long (erm..you guys know I have very limited vocabulary)
Well, unlike "Chicken Little", I can't help but think "Is it gonna end soon", I liked the movie, it has action and emotion all packed into one, could have been better if it's not so long winded.

Other movies I watched in cinema this year:

The Island: Run!
I loved the plot of this movie, but what left the deepest impact wasn't the plot, it was the "running" scenes, Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johansson can really run, and running took up much of this movie anyway.

Constantine: Huh?
I remembered I enjoyed the movie, but sadly that's the only thing I remembered, cause for some reason, I can't recall much about this movie, not even the plot, I only remembered Keanu Reeves was Constantine.

War Of The Worlds: Anti-climatic!
Another "running" movie. But unlike "The Island", the plot was pretty weak. And it's like they ran and ran from the aliens, then suddenly at the end, BAM! the alien died cause of bacteria. Anti-climatic.

DVD:

The Pianist: Realistic
I thought I would be bored watching it, cause I have watched part of it in school already, but it still managed to capture my attention, although my brother who was watching with me was falling asleep. He doesn't even know about the holocaust. Adrien Brody did a superb job too. I am a crybaby when it comes to movies and shows etc, I can cry (not bailing wailing kind of crying, more like teared up) at least once during most movies...but I did not cry at all throughout this movie, it's only after it ended that I feel the impact and starting tearing up...

Sound Of Thunder: Confusing
I don't think anyone should ever attempt a movie based purely on time travelling. I mean if killing a butterfly millions of years ago will alter evolution so much, then wouldn't the time machine not be invented at all if the city became the forest populated by all sorts of weird beast? The special effects suck badly too...

Red Eye: Exciting
I think "Flight Plan" got the idea from this movie. The action scenes were just enough, not overdone like "The Island", and plot's pretty good.

Chronicles of Narnia: Kiddish
Unlike most Hollywood blockbusters that try to put in as many action scenes as possible to attract viewers, this movie has almost none except for a short fight at the end.

Man On Fire: Dakota!
I'm just glad she didn't scream like she did in "War Of The Worlds", didn't really like this kind of movie, a tad too violent for me I guess..

House Of Wax: Disgusting
Seriously dumb plot, worst movie out of all the movies I listed...

Troy: Stupid
The ending is dumb. The scenary is great though, any idea where they shot this film?

Exorcism Of Emily Rose: Disturbing
I didn't watch the entire thing, but caught most of it, the actress who acted as Emily Rose did a superb job.

TV:

Legally Blonde: Blonde (well..duh!)
Reese Witherspoon did great on this movie, it is a very cheesy kind of movie too, but as mentioned, I just love this kind of movie...

Princess Diary: Best-brain
Don't ask me to define "best-brain", cause the sec 3s came up with it, but that's the exact word that came to my mind whenever Mia does something stupid. I love this movie the first time I watched it in cinema, still love it now.

Sweet Home Alabama: Reese/Cheese!
She really lights up the screen every time she appear on screen. I am not overly enthusiastic about the plot, but it's nice enough to watch, at least you won't cringe while watching it.

No comments: