Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Song Part I: Last Christmas



//Christmas Song Part I: Last Christmas//

As Christmas approaches, I have this urge to listen to more Christmas-related songs...so if you look at my "Recently Added" songs or "Most Played" songs on my Winamp playlist this few days...it's not hard to find quite a few Christmas-related songs...

"Last Christmas" isn't exactly a Christmas song, it is more about a failed relationship than about Christmas, but I still love it nonetheless.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special
- Wham!

That is the chorus of the song, very simple and straightforward, there is nothing extraordinary about the lyrics for the rest of the song. The melody is simple and smooth, very easy on the ears...

Though this song doesn't exactly give you a very festive feeling, it is a very pleasant song, definitely very suitable for a pleasant season like this...

No comments: