Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Song Part V: Happy Christmas (War Is Over)

//Christmas Song Part V: Happy Christmas (War Is Over)//

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

I've been blogging a lot this couple of days..

So back to the song...it's my favourite christmas song for the year..."Happy Christmas (War is over)"...

So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
- John Lennon

This song was originally sung by John Lennon (with his wife)...in the seventies I think, it's sort of a anti-war song too (Vietnam War at that time)...

A lot of singers have done covers of this song, such as Maroon 5, UK Pop Idols (they released this song as their single)....etc...

The starting of the song just strikes me when I first heard it...makes me reflect on what I've done for the year that just passed....that's just something about this song that makes me like it...although the melody and lyrics are both very simple...

I first heard this song on UK Pop Idol, click here to watch the performance...
or listen to the song here...

A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
- John Lennon

Once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: