Friday, December 02, 2005

Check Your Tickets

//Check Your Tickets//

This is my message to all the people reading my blog:

CHECK YOUR TICKETS!

I meant movie tickets that is...

Yesterday I went to watch Chicken Little...check the times beforehand online...wanted to watch the 12.50pm one...

So at the ticketing counter (at about 12pm)...I said "I want the 12.50 show"....so of course I got the ticket, and I just put them into my wallet...

Went down to foodcourt at the basement of cineleisure for lunch...then I saw the "Now Seating" sign for theatre 3 flashing...I was wondering..."Hmm...you can go in and sit 50 minutes before the movies?" but heck...I didn't care and went on the eat....

At around 12.40, my friends and I went up the level 6....then my friend pointed to the "Now Seating" sign and said "It's not even ready for sitting yet..."

It was at that moment that I realised something must be wrong...so I took out the tickets....and checked the time....it's...

"12.15pm"

Wonderful isn't it?

So we went in...found out that the door for theatre 3 is locked...we were all sort of stunned at that moment...BUT luckily something caught our eyes...Theatre 4, which is just opposite Theatre 3, has the sign outside saying "Chicken Little"...so my friends and I just went in (and luckily the movie has not started in Theatre 4 yet...) and grabbed the empty seats in front...

I remembered that there wasn't any 12.15 slot when I checked for the times online...so I guess the 12.15pm movie ticket that I got must be for the Digital Version of Chicken Little instead of the normal one...

But the moral of the story....CHECK YOUR TICKETS!

Now...on to the movie itself...

It's hilarous...really funny in parts...but the storyline is pretty weak....

There isn't much buildup in terms of plot....like your secondary school 1 and 2 teachers would have taught you...in Narrative writing...there need to be intro...conflict...climax and resolution..etc....There just wasn't buildup of plot or development of characters in my opinion...which made the whole movie very flat...

The plot itself...other than the lack of buildup...lacks creativity too...it feels like the writer puts the character in that situation just to create humour....and the whole movie feels like the cartoon version of "Scary Movie" (the one that makes fun of a lot of horror movie)....and the later part feels like a funny version of "War Of The Worlds"...

But I do like the soundtrack of the movie a lot...loved most of the songs....and to emphasize again...it is funny despite the lack of depth in plot...but it's a children movie...so expectations wasn't too high to start with...

I don't think it's worth 9 bucks to watch this movie...but to spend 7 bucks (mon to wed) for a good laugh...it's quite reasonable...

No comments: