Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Card

//Christmas Card//

I was tidying up my room last few weeks, throwing away unwanted stuff, notes, etc...

Then I came across this box..which I labelled as "Mail Box", where I kept all my cards, be it birthday cards, Christmas card, etc...and it was a pretty thick stack I must say...Then I realised, all the cards inside are from my primary school classmates/friends, not a single one of them is from my secondary school classmates...

Not that I'm surprised/shocked/sad about it, cause I stopped sending out cards ever since secondary one...so I don't expect any too...and it's not like they did not give me birthday presents...cause they did, just no cards from them that's all...

Then yesterday...I received something (!!!)...

The address on the envelope is handwritten, and I am pretty sure it's not from any formal organisation whatsoever, so I thought "Wow, a christmas card!"

Looking at the handwritting, the first person that came to my mind was Benjamin (maybe cause I just had the primary school class gathering)...cause the entire thing was written in CAPS, so he came to my mind...

But the moment I opened the envelope, I didn't see any christmas card inside, I saw a thick stack of paper, and another person came to my mind immediately...

ALEX GAY! And no, he is not gay (well, maybe he is but I don't know)...it just so happens that his last name is "Gay"...he was my pen pal from Australia, but I have not written to him since P6...though I still see him online sometimes...but then I realised, the stamp clearly states that it's for local address only, it can't be from Alex...

So I pulled out the thick stack of paper...and along with it...came a booklet thingy...and guess who I saw on the booklet?






Yes! It's MAMA PAOLO!!!

Then all the dots suddenly connected...

It's Terence (sorry for not recognising your handwriting :p)

The booklet thingy consists of 4 pages, each page has a Mama Paolo photo with my name (Seah on 1st page, Kay on 2nd and so on) and the last page says "Merry Christmas!" with a photo of Mama Paolo wearing a Santas hat...

As for the thick stack of letter....it was the testimonial thingy that he wrote for the rest of the class (which I didn't receive on the last day of school)

His assessment was pretty spot-on...especially this part..

"You do look like a sheep lost in the middle of the big maze featured in Survivor: Guatemala. I really can't diagnose what's really wrong with you. Perhaps you find no meaning in life? Perhaps you do not have goals to be called your own? Or maybe the reason could be as minor as you didn't get enough sleep/sleep well the previous night."

I guess I named my blog well...suits me...but as for the reason...I guess it's a combination of lots of factors...

and my absolute favourite part of the letter is

"Your most irresponsible and bitchy monitor-cum-Operations head"....even his assessment of himself is spot on too...people always say 当局者迷, 旁观者清...so not true for him I guess...

On a ending note...to terence: thanks for the christmas card/booklet with Mama Paolo...although I'm sort of disappointed that the only person that ever sent me a card in my secondary school life is unfortunately you, I'll have to make do with it...(I won't send you one though...it's too late...a e-card maybe..)

No comments: