Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Song Part IV: Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree



//Christmas Song Part IV: Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree//

This is my second fav christmas song this year...why? Cause it's JOYFUL!!

Finally a christmas song that sounds happy, and not about broken relationships, screaming high whistle note or about african kids starving.

It's easily the most happy christmas song that I listened to this year (in fact the only one..)

Rockin' around the Christmas Tree
Have a happy holiday
Everyone dancing merrily
In the new old fashioned way
- Brenda Lee

I first heard the song on Canadian Idol, there was this contestant who sung this song during one of the auditions, and the song was so cute (and it helps when she is pretty cute too)...But at that time I didn't really know what was the song title..You can watch her performance here (HIGHLY RECOMMENED)

Recently, during on the beer commercial (Heineken I think), this song was played as the background music too...and when I heard it, I was like "I MUST get this song on my playlist!"

But how can I download it if I don't know the song title? So I attempted using Yahoo to find it, I searched for "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree lyrics" (cause those happen to be the first few words of the song), so I guess even if that is not the song title, I might get the song title through the search....and I guess I got lucky and it was right on!

You can listen to the song here (the download expires in 7 days), this one that I uploaded is the Jessica Simpsons rendition, the original version is by Brenda Lee...

One more song to go...will post it on Christmas Day itself...my favourite Christmas song this year...

No comments: