Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thai Experience Part I

//Thai Experience Part I//

The plane did not crash...it would be all over the news if a SIA plane crashed....

So this means I am back in one piece, alive and kicking!

Well...actually I don't even know how to start this entry...there are so many things that I want to say...I can give a day by day account..which would bore most of you to death...but nevermind...I will just type whatever that comes to my mind...

The trip is amazing...not because of the place, but because of the people. Bangkok may seem very exotic to the students from USA, UK, etc...but it felt a awful lot like Malaysia to me...and as many of you know...I'm half Malaysian so to speak since the majority of my relatives from my mother side are still in Malaysia, and I visit Malaysia every other holiday....

So the country isn't the reason why I find the trip amazing....but I still love Thailand...love the food, etc...just that everything seems a little too familiar...the feeling is similar to the feeling which I got from visiting Kunming in June...nothing exciting...everything feels very familiar...Shangri La however is great...but that's beside the point...

So food...I mentioned food just now...all meals there (except welcome dinner and farewell dinner) are taken care of at their school canteen (the school is "Mwit" by the way...which is the short form..)...the food in their school canteen...I can say is definitely better than those in my school...not that there's much competition...and what makes is so great is the Thai style chili sauce!!

I LOVE the chili...i will add the thai style chili sauce to almost everything I eat...the food provided during the welcome dinner and farewell dinner are amazing too...all the little snacks...

So speaking of the welcome dinner...it was really fun...in the sense that the atmosphere was really good...it's Pasar Malam/carnival style..a lot of different kind of food (which made me very excited of course..)...

Farewell dinner is kind of the similar...except that there will be cultural performances from each country....so other countries did performance like their national dance...sung some folk song....etc...and we showed a powerpoint presentation about singapore. -_-" And the whole presenation felt that a powerpoint made by the Singapore Tourism Board.

But it's ok...other than that...the JC guys (from VJ i think) did a skit! About singlish...they act a segment which they talked in english...followed by the very same segment...but in Singlish...though I find it a bit embarassing...but I must say this is truly "singapore cultural performance"....and we end off with the song "SINGAPORE TOWN"!!!!

You could take a little trip around Singapore town...
In a Singapore city bus...

Yep, this is the one...as quoted from a guy from one the JCs that went "It's the best of the worst"...Other choices of course include "Stand Up For Singapore" or "Count on Me Singapore"....

Mrs Ng was great..she allowed us to play cards...she didn't care about my hair colour..etc...the only one bad thing she did was to force us to sing Singapore Town I guess....she did not want "We Will Get There" or "Home" or anything...she say "Singapore Town" is a better song to represent who we are...

But other than this...she's great...she finally realised that I dyed my hair at the airport....and I told her I brought temp black hair dye...but she said it's ok since it's the school holidays....so I thought all is fine...but guess what...the HCJC teacher that went is the discipline mistress...haha...but I think she was joking...she seriously does not look like a discipline mistress...I mean she was going crazy together with her students when they realised they are on the same bus as some Jap guys....

Ok..I've diverted too much...let's come back...the farewell dinner...so other than the cultural performance which the welcome dinner don't have....the farewell dinner also has a band playing at the end...for us to dance...can you imagine Kai Herng dancing....haha...well we all did...I won't say dance...but we jumped around like maniacs....for pretty long...I think it lasted at least 1 hour or even more...














































So I've covered the food...and the welcome and farewell dinner...I shall leave the rest for next time....brain's not functioning real well now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha u like thai food? (that day), o i see, guys like shopping