Sunday, November 20, 2005

Bus

//Bus//

Time: 9.30pm at Bugis Junction bus stop

Woman: Excuse me are you from here? Resident of Singapore?
Me: Yea?
Woman: Do you know of a pub? Where there's music? And we (she and her friends) can dance?
Me: Erm...sorry I'm not sure, I don't go pubs...

Weird woman...I mean if she want to know where can she go clubbing etc...won't she at least find someone who look like they are of legal age?

Oh yea...I was with my brother at that time...we had a choice of bus or train..so I told him "If the bus is too crowded, then let's take train..."

So the bus came....I said "Looks quite crowded, let's go" and I tapped his shoulders and walked towards the bus...I boarded the bus, found a seat and the bus drove off...then my phone rang "Where are you?"

Great, he is still at the bus stop...I mean seriously...can't he see that I'm going towards the direction of the bus...and follow? He is sec 1, not 1 year old...so in the end, he ended up taking train home while I took bus...

Time: 9.40pm on the bus

So long story cut short, I was on the bus, chinese guy sitting next to me with his friend, chinese guy saw another malay guy, who WAS his friend, but they never contact each other for a long time...so they started to chat...

Chinese: You no good larz...never call me...
Malay: I lost your number sia...
Chinese: You no good larz...lost my number....
Malay: Hey buddy, what's your number sia....

And yea...those first 4 lines...lasted for about at least 5 minutes...they just keep repeating and repeating...and repeating...for some unknown reason...I swear I heard the chinese guy saying "you no good larz" at least 10 times...

And also, the malay guy would end off all his sentence with "sia"....and the chinese guy will add a "lar" into all his sentence....

So they talked about their jobs....the malay guy is working for cisco now...the chinese guy is jobless...the malay guy try to recommend some jobs for him...and in turn...he want the chinese guy to find him a chinese girlfriend....

Oooh..and this launch them into their second part of the convo...

Malay: So you still with your girlfriend sia?
Chinese: Dawn huh? No larz...she...she...(he paused for a while)...she no good larz....now I married liaoz....got 2 kids...
Malay: You serious siaz?!!?!?
Chinese: Yar lar....

Then the Malay guy starts talking about his own love life....he mentioned a 28 year old Japanese Sugar Mummy...a 35 year old sugar mummy (both of the guys are 20 by the way)....a girlfriend who used to work in a sex shop (which the chinese guy don't understand)...and they started talking about the "sex-shop" girlfriend in greater detail....which caused like the people around the area where I was sitted to keep staring his direction....

I was never more anxious to get off that seat...normally I would press the bell and wait for the bus to stop then start walking to the exit door...that night...I just rushed off the seat the moment I pressed the bell....

And it amazes me that they wanted to continue their conversation and was looking for a place to sit down and talk...

Let's rewind...if it's me running into an old friend whom I don't keep in contact anymore...

Me: Oh hi...how are you now?
Friend: I'm fine...what about you?
Me: Life's not too bad...
Friend: So where you studying now?
Me: Oh...in *whatever* school...you?
Friend: In *whatever* school....
Me: Oh...I see...

* Stone moment for about 5 minutes...while I desperately tries to think of some relevant questions to ask....

Me: So do you still keep in contact with XYZ, ABC they all?
Friend: Oh yea...*blah blah blah blah blah...
Me: Oh....*awkward silence...
Friend: Why don't you give me your number?
Me: Sure *give number...yours?
Friend: *give number...
*Awkward silence throughout the ride...

Nearing my bus stop...
Me: I gotta go...see ya...keep in contact...
Friend: Sure...see ya..take care..

*Me alighting...thankful that the bus ride is finally over....

No comments: