Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Leave

//Leave//

Yea, another short title...

你没对我说再见
所以我没有走远
等待你等得忘了时间
快乐却早已跟随着你
Leave Leave Leave....
-孙燕姿

No, I'm not dating...I typed the whole chorus just for the last line.."leave...leave...leave..."

Recently, a lot of people has left/is going to leave....2 teachers are going to UK to study...1 teacher is going back to Malaysia...1 friend has migrated to Australia...

I feel like leaving too...

I never had the urge to go overseas to study or work abroad whatsoever. I am contented with what I have here (yea..strange huh..), but I think it is just the part of me that hate changes that is prevented me from having those thoughts...

I mean for a guy who hates moving on from primary school to secondary school...or from secondary 2 to 3 cause of the change of class....or from secondary school to junior college...I don't think the possibility of me wanting go overseas to study is big....

But out of a sudden...I have a urge to leave this country, maybe in the future for some time....

Maybe it is the fact that people around are leaving that inspired me to think this way...

Maybe it is reading cw's blog...seeing how he is so determined to come here to study...made me feel that I should crawl out of the little hole that I lived in....

Maybe it is reading someone else's blog, seeing the photos of the so many places he has been to...make me feel "i wanna go there too..."

Or maybe I've been simply watching way too much Amazing race...

I don't know why...but this few days...i've been thinking about it....

I was talking to my sis just now...sometimes I envy her...she just seems so sure of what she wants to do....in the future that is...she just completed her A'Level today and tomorrow she's gonna work already (for 9 days as promoter at dunno where)....she has worked as a tutor (earning 240 bucks a month regularly tutoring 2 kids) when she was in J1...she has worked in a restaurant...she has worked a newspaper promoter (don't ask me what is it...I also not sure)....and after the dec hols, she's gonna try to apply to be relief teacher at some disabled school before she gets her results.. (though I don't think it is quite possible...)

But the fact is she know what she wants...and she goes for it...instead of wasting time talking about it and not doing anything...like what I usually do....

But still it is better to think, talk about it then not do anything, then not thinking at all right?

Here are some possibilities of what I will do...

1) Go overseas to study: this is a possibility...though I am still not that keen on this idea...but by doing this...I can actually go abroad and live at somewhere else for a longer period of time...experiencing the culture there....

2) Backpacking: I will either save enough money...or go to work after I graduate...and work till I get enough money, then I hope I get fired/retrenched...or worst come to worst..I quit (I would rather get fired...cause it would be such a waste to quit..)...then I will go away for some time...like 1 month? 3 months? 6 months? (I wonder how much that would need though..) I would love to go backpacking in Europe...and maybe Africa...actually anywhere would do...as long as I'm out of here...

3) Find a job at a international company...and hope I get posted to work somewhere else...haha...not likely to happen but I can dream right?

Seriously...chances of any of these happening is as slim as my tummy (which is getting bigger each day...which means all these probably will never happen..)...but it's fun to dream about this kind of things....imagining yourself somewhere in Europe...with a friend...backpacking...that would be fun....

But who knows...it may happen one day....I mean I certainly did not really think that I would really go and dye my hair when I told ming wei (or kai herng i can't remember) I'm going to...but in the end I did...I was in Watson (or Gurdian)...then I saw those DIY hair dye...then I started to ask around...etc..and poof it happened!

So now...I hope the same will happen...was looking through some websites....maybe one day one of the possibilities will come true too...

http://www.backpackinglife.com/index.html
http://www.backpackeurope.com/ (very useful)
and so on...just yahoo or google it and lots of results will come up...

But for now...back to reality...Harry Potter's tomorrow! Probably going for training on Fri...maybe going to support terence for his audition on Sat...setting the maths paper for my bro which is long overdue on Sun...helping out at some Chinese Drama camp at ACS (Barker Road) on Mon and Tue...and off to Thailand on Wed!

No comments: