Saturday, November 12, 2005

Colours

//Colours//

When you're gone
All the colours fade
When you're gone
No New Year's Day parade
When you're gone
Colours seem to fade
-Amos Lee

A really nice song...Colours...

It was a nice dinner yesterday night (or rather 2 days ago since it's after 12), sort of the last time our whole class will be getting together (apart from the "gathering" 3 months later).

But所谓“天下无不散之筵席" the dinner has to end...and so it ended...I guess this make up for the weird last day of school moment, when everyone just left as if it is a normal day in school...

But seriously..."when you're gone, colours seem to fade"...this is so true...I wonder when will the day when I can't even visualise the face of my classmates come. I mean seriously, if you ask me about my primary school classmates, there will be one or two which I can't remember their face or names, they did not come for any of the class gatherings, or went back to visit teachers during teachers' day. Plus it is always those same few that turn up for these events...

I was walking home today, after I was out watching movie, when I was walking past this lamp post on the way home, it just suddenly went out, the light I mean...that particular lamp post...it's kind of creepy cause I remembered it happened once, a few days before, the very same lamp post, and the light went out just as I walked past it...talk about Dejavu...

Maybe it is some omen or something...I don't know...at that moment, it's like my world just darkens...not in a dramatic way larz, but it's like that area just got dimmer than it is supposed to be...

I think this is what's happening to me now...after 4 years of secondary school life, and suddenly it just ended like that. Poof and it's gone! For the past 3 years, all the Nov and Dec hols have been devoted to going back to school for St John training...finishing holiday homework, and all the related school stuff.

Then out of a sudden, I've got 2 months of my life devoted to myself. No committments, nothing, zilch.

It's like a part of my life just dimmed. Weird feeling...

Yesterday I got lost in the circus
Feeling like such a mess
Now I'm down I'm just hanging on the corner
I can't help but reminisce
-Amos Lee

This is the first verse of the song "Colours". And this has been pretty much the way I've been feeling the past few days...

Since Tue (last day of school), I've been feeling a little scattered..or wonkey donkey as quoted from a previous post. Been busy with the t shirt collection...the dinner...the farewell outing for my friend which never did happen...

All sorts of things went wrong...person A thought that person B is collecting, person B is not free so I have to find a person C...and teacher X did not reply my msg or answer my call, making it hard for me to call to do the booking..

and worst of all, the farewell outing that never really happened, which got everyone (not exactly everyone) pissed off (yes me included)...got in a really bad mood that afternoon, not understanding why a certain someone is pissed, pissed that another certain someone is bochap-ing somewhere else on the island (which wasn't entirely true though)...

and all these happened on the same day at the same time...how great...it's like getting lost in a circus...feeling like such a mess...

But now finally got a chance to just sit down and think about the 4 years...and to come to accept the fact that my secondary school life is officially over...it's like when someone you love die, you just won't accept the fact that that person is dead...or a breakup...or whatever...the denial stage...haha...I guess it's getting a little too dramatic....

Thanks...to everyone...be it the teachers...my classmates...my squadmates...or even the cleaners...thanks for being a part of this very special 4 years of my life...you've added colours to a otherwise blank 4 years of my life...

Here's a song for ya...
Colours (click on the link to download)

No comments: