Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Bonds

//Bonds//

A force is weak, it can easily be broken; a bond on the other hand is very strong, and it requires a lot of energy to break it
- Miss Mok

I have heard classmates who were not from Hwa Chong having gatherings with their secondary school mates....

I've heard Nanhua gathering...St Nics gathering...Anderson gathering...etc...

This just reminds me of the time when I first came to Chinese High...only 3 from my primary school came Chinese High...and I remember at that time, I was always very excited about going back to my primary school to visit the teachers...to see my old friends...I even remember during the first week of school I went back to my primary school at least twice...

And now...I'm in JC...my secondary school is just next door...even a friend commented "you guys so lucky..just walk a few steps can see your teachers liaoz"...but the weird thing is I never really thought about going back to visit my secondary school teachers...even during CNY eve, I went back only because I need a signature from a teacher for some application form...

I've got all my secondary school mates (literally ALL) in the same JC I'm in, and unlike my friends from other secondary schools, who had gatherings and so on...the thought of getting together with my squadmates from St John or with my 4A classmates for dinner or some real outing never cross my mind at all too....

And no, I have not forgetten them...I still remember all my secondary school teachers from sec 1 to 4...and I still thank them for all that they have done...and I still miss the life in SJAB, ok I hate the training...but then it's just so memorable...and I will never forget those times spent with the squad...

But it's just the fact that I see the teacher like almost every other day...I just saw Jloh in the JC side canteen the other day...or when I go back to High School for St John training..I see so many teachers and so on...it just feel so damn friggin' convenient that I don't see a particular need in coming back to visit the teachers or something like that...

And it's the same case for squadmates...I see most of them everyday in school...and I just don't really miss them as much as I thought I would...yes I miss those days when we were still training as a squad...but it's kinda hard to miss someone when you see him everyday...

And I won't deny the fact that I'm enjoying my life in JC so far...I'm enjoying my class...my new classmates....I even enjoyed the times we stayed back to crap just cause we don't want to go home...and this has certainly slightly taken my mind off my squadmates and teachers no doubt...

But I feel that it is really kind of impossible to be as close as we were last time...the bond is formed...it's hard to break...just like what we learnt in chemistry(god I miss Miss Mok)...but the circumstance we are in now are different, the situations we are put in are different...and the best thing to do is just to sit back and remininsce...I mean I do meet up with my pri sch classmates once in a while...although it was fun and stuff...the feeling is just different than it was in the past...though it's extremely pleasurable to just sit down and think about the old times or talk about it...

I mean 10, 20 years down the road, are you still gonna be keeping in contact with all your pri sch, sec sch, cca, jc frenz and so on? It's impossible..there are always people you are closer to and people who you were not so close to, you win some you lose some, you can't have it all...

But like I mentioned, bonds formed are not easily broken...and I don't think constant gatherings or outings are necessary to prove that...as long as you still care for those people, and they still have a place in your heart, I think it's more than enough...tho gathering is a good way to express the care and concern (and have fun of course!)...

But with that said...I still look forward to the squad outing/dinner or whatever it's gonna be! I'm also hoping that the pri sch gathering that we said we wanted to have after O lvl results is released is still on...it's still good to see old friends and do some catching up...

Am I contradicting myself? I think I just did? Nevermind...

No comments: