Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bus Rides

//Bus Rides//

"lately been thinking abt how solitude can sometimes be a pleasurable indulgence. isnt it rare nowadays to find time which solely belongs to you and you alone? was just musing over this lahh, due to a couple of significant occasions i really craved to be by myself. undoubtedly there are some who view it as anti-social behaviour but no i dont see it as an act of self-isolation or anything of that sort. something made me discover the value of solitude, when thoughts and feelings can be processed and channeled appropriately, events and outcomes are mentally re-played and decisions are made."
- Yan Han

That's why I love to take bus alone.

Am I a loner? To a certain extent...yes...I love being alone sometimes...like when I'm on a bus or something...

In school, I'm surrounded by friends, at home, I'm surrounded by my family...it's hard to find some quality "me" time...

So I really enjoy the times when I take buses alone...my bus ride is about 45 mins to 1 hour...to some people...spending that amount of time all by themselves is a torture...but I find it more of a pleasure...

Firstly, without anyone around...i can sleep stone for all i want...and it's really a good time for me to think about stuff that happened that day...but lately...i've been quite exhausted each time i go home...so it's mostly stoning for me on the bus...i realised stoning has the same effect as sleeping for me...I mean when I'm stoning...my mind is basically blank...and it allows my mind to rest! Though I will still feel tired after stoning larz...but it does allow my mind to rest....

And I realised taking the train and taking the bus is just different. If I choose to take the train home...the effect just isn't the same...cause you see...the bus ride to the train station is 15 mins, train ride home is 15 mins...so basically there's no long periods for me to really settle down to reflect...

Wheras when I take bus...I'll basically take the first 5 to 10 mins to stone to clear my mind...then events that happened today will start flashing through my head..it allows more "processing" to take place...

Feeling pissed today...don't ask me why...I also don't know why...it's like suddenly I also don't know what I'm doing with my life...and no...today is not one of those days where I go "hey! I must start planning my life..."it's more like "hey...my life sucks, what am i doing?!" (when actually there's nothing that really pissed me off...) then cause of this...a lot of things that my frenz did piss me off when it normally wouldn't....like mitchell chan...shan't elaborate more...

then an unlucky streak began...being killed in MI...taking a 74 tt took so friggin long...missing the doc thus not able to change my dressing for the feet...taking a wrong bus which went to the interchange...chasing after a bus that took so long to reach my house, when another bus which is much faster is just behind...whining to my mum about my bad luck and ended up being scolded by her (like wtf?)...

Lady luck is too busy today I guessed....did she ignore me cause I was pissed and sort of pulling a long face today? Or was I pissed andpulling a long face cause I had a feeling that it would be an unlucky day ahead?

Tomorrow shall be better!

No comments: