Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Secrets

//Secrets//

Everyone has their fair share of secrets...

Some people may seem happy and bubbly everyday...but deep down he's always feeling depressed cause of some reasons only he knows best...you can never say "I know everything about him/her" because no matter how close you are to that person, there are always some infomation that you choose to hold back...

It may be something as trivial as what colour you like(for eg some guys like pink but don't dare to admit) ...or it can be something more major like who do you like..etc...

But no matter how small that secret is, you're still holding back certain infomation about yourself that you don't want others to know.

People always say "Be yourself!" but I really think that this statement is overrated...I don't believe for a second if someone told me he is 100% truthful about all the things he say...How can you "be youself" when you choose to hide something from others. We are all human beings, we are self-conscious, no matter how "heck care" you are, you still care about how others think about you, how others look at you. So people choose to filter information when talking to others, especially regarding things you find embarassing and you don't want others to know...

Are we being liars or hypocrites, or pretending to be someone we are not? No, not really, I mean it's perfectly normal to want to present the best side of you to the others...Imagine you did something you shouldn't do, something that you're ashamed of...like taking drugs...this kind of things that you did...that you're not really proud of, of course you won't tell anyone even if he or she asked right?

My point is we all have something we want to hide, something that only ourselves and no one else knows...some people choose to share their secrets with a few good friends...others choose to keep it to themselves.

For me, I belong to the latter.

"Trust is a fragile thing. Once earned, it affords us tremendous freedom, but once trust is lost, it can be impossible to recover. Of course the truth is, we never know who we can trust. Those we're closest to can betray us. And total strangers can come to our rescue. In the end, most people decide to trust only themselves. It really is the simplest way to keep from getting burned."
- Desperate Housewives

Maybe this is the reason why. I don't know who to trust. I'm pretty paranoid by nature...it's hard for me to trust anyone...but sometimes it's very tough to have all these pent up frustrations...so you HAVE to find someone that you're comfortable with to talk to...I mean I'm the type of person that will not tell you to the face what I feel, I keep most of the feelings to myself (like who I dislike)....so normally it gets pretty pent-up...so no choice...need to let it out one way or another...you may be surprised to know the people I confide with...lol..

Today's VDay...someone's secret was revealed accidentally....enjoyed the "walks" I took...feels so "Survivor"...lol...talking strategy....deciding who to vote out....haha....hmm..the class dynamics is getting more and more complicated from what I know...things are getting more and more interesting...love's in the air....

On a side note..loved both the pencil case and wallet that my angel and mortal bought for me! Both are the kinds that I want...yay! (do a miss wang impersonation)...

kay siong is a happy man today...

not so sure if they are happy with the gift I gave them...but nvm...what's done is done...

No comments: