Monday, May 22, 2006

Typical Week

//Typical Week//

My blog has rotted for a week.

Actually nothing much went on last week, except for my usual mood swings, a Bio SPA that everybody seemed to have screwed up, and a relatively great weekend.

Mood swings. I go to school last week everyday feeling moody (i think it's due to the lack of sleep...) and after a while I will get high for no reason..and the cycle continues when I begin to feel sleepy...

On Thur...I was feeling damn depressed during Bio lecture...well I don't know...I just feel like a loser...and loner...and alone. Lol...damn drama...but actually it's nothing much..I was just walking to audi for Bio lect alone (again)...and I felt as if I have no friends in the class. In the audi, I sat Mitch, Yuming and Hannah were sitting together, wanted to take the seat next to Hannah, but it was sort of dirty, so I left that seat empty and sat alone. When the rest came in, they sat at the row below...which left me literally alone.

To use a really lousy analogy to explain how I felt at that moment...the class is made up of a bunch of molecules...each molecule is made up of a few people...covantly bonded...then all these molecules are held together by weak dispersion forces to form our class. And me, I'm like the inert noble gas...argon or neon or something...not bonded with anyone...and it's exactly what happens every lecture/tutorial...the same few people sits with the same few people...and I always fill in whatever empty seats I can find...

I mean I'm perfectly ok with it, and I think it's normal to want to sit with certain people, and I totally get that, and I'm not bothered by it at all usually...and outside of lecture and tutorials and stuff, I do think I have friends whom I can really talk to in the class, and friends that I can hang out with...but I just happen to be not picky about who I sit with during lectures and tutorial usually. ...but that Thursday morning...I got super depressed about it...how weird...and to make it more weird, I got damn high after receiving back the Chem paper (which I failed by the way) after Bio lecture...

Oh, let me digress a bit...it's really great to have people to talk to...people who I can be totally at ease with and just talk about whatever is on my mind, not hiding or censoring anything. So to ever and mitch...it was a great talk last Tue after comm serve...I always feel much happier after talking...

The screwed up Bio SPA. Shan't mention much since I think there are still people who have not done it. It's simple, yet I can be stupid enough to miss out a step in the instructions. So an advice to the people out there going for your make-up SPA next week, read EVERY SINGLE LINE and do EVERY SINGLE THING they asked you to do (like duh)...

Saturday started with PW group meeting, which is rather unproductive...no one is in the mood to work I guess since lessons have already ended...went to NJC Funtasia later...saw Fera and Yingri...they looked happy now...which is good...

The rest of the time from 2+ to 6+ was spent alone at Citylink/Suntec. I was whinning about feeling alone just now, and now I spend the time all by myself. Well I've got 3 options:

1) Rot in school till dance night
2) Go shopping with xin yi, mann ying and pauline
3) Go town myself

I chose 3, cause firstly I am definitely not going to rot in school for 4 hours, and it's kind of awkward to go shopping with them when they are shopping for earings and clothes etc. So I decided to go HMW at Heeren to indulge myself in some nice music to pass time...what a economic way to spend my time. But sadly I have to oversleep and ended up at Cityhall, but I still went to HMW nevertheless, the one at Citylink Mall...

I'm all at sea
Where no one can bother me
I sleep by myself
I drink on my own
I don't speak to nobody
- Jamie Cullum (All At Sea)

It's pretty cool to spend some time on your own out once in a while...especially when you always only go out with your friends...or family or something...it's rather cool to feel totally free, you can go wherever you want, sit and stone for as long as you want, and just be 100% yourself.

Spent quite some time at the HMW at citylink mall listening to the CDs...before meeting the girls for dinner at Taka...I've got to say, music is such a beautiful and special thing...it never...never fails to add colours to my life.

I listened to this song called "First Of May" while sampling this Jap singer's CD....it was a really a beutiful moment..looking at all the people walking past..all looking like they are rushing to somewhere, and there I was, standing there, the only sound in my world is her beautiful voice on that perfect song. I was like totally at peace.

Like a warm drink it seeps into my soul
Please just leave me right here on my own
Later on you could spend some time with me

If you want to, all at sea
- Jamie Cullum (All At Sea)

To me, music isn't just about the music...or the lyrics...it has a lot to do with your mood at that moment too. I remembered there was once in school, I was at the class bench doing my tutorials...listening to the radio, and this song came on, and it totally soothes me..suddenly the tutorial doesn't seem important anymore, the people around me don't seem to exist anymore...and I'm just immersed in the world with that beautiful song...the feeling is beyond words (or rather that feeling is beyond my limited vocabulary)

Sunday began with Mahjong at everlyn's house with mitch and mw. I'm itching to play Mahjong again. lol..Rushed down to Suntec to meet yc and terence with mw after the game. Watched "Over the hedge" which I think is one of the better animated films lately. I always enjoy going out with the 3 of them. We didn't do much yesterday, mw shopped for a pair of slippers...yc and terence tried to get a haircut...but still I enjoyed the company. Good friends are hard to come by....I don't think I will get friends like them from my cca now..since both are my CCAs now are huge....

We were sitting at one of the benches at Citylink mall, observing the people passing by..making comments etc...and yc suddenly said something that I thought was quite interesting...."we are sitting here looking and observing the people walking past...we are being looked at and observed by the people walking past too..." I guess it's true...we often like to talk about so and so doing this...blah blah blah...a lot of times I presume our names appear in other people's convo too...be it good or bad...

It was just great time spent with them sitting at the area near esplanade talking (excluding mw since he left for choir concert)..I never realised how much I enjoy talking to people...and listening to peole talk...

That's how I like my weekends to be...spending it with friends...spending it doing stuff I like like listening to music...instead of facing my com playing Free Cell or Solitaire....

Holidays is coming, and I'm not really excited at the prospects of it. A lot of people seem to be burnt out after 2 terms, and badly wanted this break to recharge. I still feel pretty energised to go on. Maybe I just don't like the fact that 25% of my JC life is gone. After the hols, it would be a busy term 3 with Block test followed by Promos in term 4, and next year would be blocks after blocks and prelims and A lvls...seems like the best time of JC life is over?

A lot of people complained that they hate the sch...they hate their class...they hate to study, but I still think the schooling life would be the best time of my life...and there's still 1.5 years before my schooling life ends and the dreaded NS starts...so I'm just gonna enjoy this really short time...instead of hoping for it to end soon...

I don't want to enter the real and ugly world out there...

No comments: