Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Concrete Angel

//Concrete Angel//

Through the wind and the rain
She stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above
But her dreams give her wings
And she flies to a place where she's loved
Concrete angel...
- Martina McBride

I have been listening to this song for quite some while...(that is the chorus by the way)...

But despite listening to it for so long, I didn't really took note of what the lyrics meant, I just took the chorus literally (the concrete angel standing hard as a stone etc)...

She walks to school with the lunch she packed
Nobody knows what she's holdin' back
Wearin' the same dress she wore yesterday
She hides the bruises with linen and lace
- Martina McBride

I always wondered what does this first verse has anything to do with the "concrete angel"...though it was quite obvious, somehow I just never realised...

But after watching the MTV just now, I finally realised what this whole song was about, and it brought tears to my eyes (yea I know, I've been pretty weird recently...crying so much over little things like this..)...

I always thought it is a beautiful song, but seeing the MTV really made the whole song better...

A statue stands in a shaded place
An angel girl with an upturned face
A name is written on a polished rock
A broken heart that the world forgot
- Martina McBride

I cried at this point (the bridge I think) during the MTV, cause this part of the lyrics seems quite straightforward (and the MTV is quite straightforward too, just showing scenes describing the lyrics), but what I visualised for the scenes for this part of the song is totally different from what I saw, the scenes in the MTV sort of caught me by surprise...

I really recommend you to watch the MTV here...(the girl in the MTV did a really good job)...or listen to the song here

No comments: