Saturday, January 07, 2006

06S71

//06S71//

It sounds like some secret code or something doesn't it?

But nah, that's my new class...

4 days of the orientation went past, and I felt like I didn't play much admist all the academic talks...

My OG was fun, the hexathlon was fun, the cheering was fun, the song sessions were fun, the dance sessions were FUN!

But all these are nothing compared to meeting my new class...which was very very exciting for me!! I mean afterall I'm gonna be classmates with them for at least 3 months (and hopefully for 2 years)

I was at the board with all the class lists, and finally when I managed to locate my name, the councillors were chasing us up the hall, and I only managed to see that Weixin is also in my class.

I admit I wasn't exactly very thrilled to know that (no offence), but after seeing who else is in my class, I must say I was pretty glad that I'm in this class...

I got a primary school classmate, Everlyn (whom I didn't know came to Hwa Chong), Mitchell, Yuming and Ming Shu are in my class too.

And there's Pauline, who I sort of know from NYSJAB...then there's Ferarina from Nanhua and Elaine from Xinmin (both schools are in same zone as CHS for SJAB) and I know quite a few of their friends, though I didn't know them personally...

And there's Wilson (Bing Yuan) from NCC, who was the medic for NCC, and Ming wei and I taught him first aid before...

And I'm very glad that there are guys from other schools too, if not it would be so boring with all the guys from chs...Zhirong from Anderson, who was quite friendly, and Denny and Ivan from Maris Stella...

And the best thing is the ratio of guys to girls is 1:1 (13 guys and 13 and girls)...it just made the whole class seem so perfect..lol...

All of my classmates are quite nice after the one day interaction I had with them...although I admit we are pretty passive when it comes to discussion, but with a few enthu ones like Alicia, Rebecca & Jason (Chun Rui) leading the discussion, most people did contribute one way or another...

And people actually do take the initiative to be part of something...eg. to be part in charge of the cheering, or be part of the dancing group, or in charge of the flag stuff etc...

The first session with the Civics tutor was quite boring...he's a very experienced teacher, being in Hwa Chong for 29 years...and he does seem pretty nice...he actually reminds me of Ong Tiong Meng, who wasn't exactly a very exciting person...

The senior class was pretty cool too...lame too...after we all stepped into the room, they started cheering 3 cheers for 72....and for a moment I thought we were in the wrong class...but after that brief moment, I knew it was a joke...cause most of them can't really lie...they were giggling while cheering...but poor Jason thought we really did come to the wrong class and almost went out....

The person next to me was like whispering to me "last year when they were juniors they must have been tricked by their senior too.."

We played Double Wacko (seniors outer circle, juniors inner circle and we must "protect" one another) which was actually much more fun then the one I played with my OG where no one really knows anyone yet...

We also played game of concetration and so on...and ended the session with singing Birthday song for the class, since 7th Jan is supposed to be official class Birthday (my class is 71 in case you haven't realised)...and through some cake and pizza, we interacted with each other...

I am very excited about Monday's activites and so on, especially since it's with the class...

Anyway, since today is supposed to be class birthday...I shall dedicate this entry to my class 06S71...let the fun begins!

No comments: