Monday, January 02, 2006

Campus Superstar

//Campus Superstar//

I went for the live recording for the first round...thanks to Chee Yang/Ying Cheng...(for the tickets)...

The girls were alright...no "wow" singer from the 5 girls tonight, mostly sweet voice, uptempo songs, except for F5, she's quite cool, the way she dressed and sing, but I can't get over the fact that she is super pitchy...some notes were way off...

But I would like to comment that F4, sounded really bad singing "Fly Away" live, after watching back, it's not so bad, but hearing it live, she was so overwhelmed by the music, and she sounded like she is singing in the wrong key or something...she was slouching..etc...

As for guys...Chee Yang did great at the later part of the verse and the chorus, but he started off really shaky and bad...Hui Shi was damn right when she says he should "Xiang Shang Fa Zhan" cause his lower register isn't exactly his strength...

M2 has a GREAT voice, technique-wise he's above average, there's this part where there's supposed to be a falsetto I think, but he didn't attempt it, lack of technique I guess? Great voice nonetheless...

M4 (the RI guy) sounded very robotic, and monotonous...which in my opinion is because of a wrong choice of song, it just doesn't suit his image...

M5, still don't like him, I think he's getting by with the ACAC factor....(Act Cool Act Cute)...

As for those 2 eliminated, must be pretty sucky for them to return to school tomorrow just after getting eliminated the night before...it sucks to be them right now...

School's starting tomorrow with a supposedly 2 week orientation...God I hate orientation, with all the cheers, etc...let's hope this orientation make me change my mind...

No comments: