Saturday, April 22, 2006

When I...

//When I...//

When I eat meat (or soy product)...I think of proteins...the beautiful 3D conformation of the proteins...and how the various proteases in my body will hydrolyse it into simple cute little amino acids...and then I think of how these amino acids will be coverted to enzymes or other useuful proteins in my body....ribosome comes to mind...since it synthesize proteins...rough ER comes to mind too...since it folds the proteins into its correct conformation....

When I eat bread or rice...I think of the carbohydrate polymers...starch....I wonder if it contains alpha 1-4 glycosidic bonds....then I think of how these polymers will be digested to simple glucose monomers...the glucose ring form...and the chain form comes to my mind...

When I run...I imagine all the fats in my body being converted to energy through aerobic respiration....bit by bit...I imagine the fats being digested off....I hate the fact that 1g of fats yields more energy than 1g of carbohydrates....

When I finish running...panting like mad...the oxygen debt curve comes to my mind....I think of how anaerobic respiration is taking place in my body...how much lactic acid is released...how I must breath in more to repay the oxygen debt....

When I cough and spit out green phlegm...I imagine lots of dead bacteria inside...I visualise how the white blood cells killed them and how much more disgusting harmful bacteria are still there inside my body causing my blocked nose/cough....

I need to get a life...

No comments: