Monday, April 17, 2006

Temptation

//Temptation//

Temptation comes to all of us. Whether or not we succumb, depends on our ability to recognise its disguise. Sometimes it arrives in the form of an old flame, flickering back to life. Or a new friend, who could end up being so much more. Or a young child who wakens feelings we didn't know we had. And so, we give in to temptations, all the while knowing, come morning, we will have to suffer the consequences.
-Desperate Housewives

I was watching the latest episode of Desperate Housewives last night, and the show ended with this quote.

Let's rewind, last night I finally finish downloading the episode at around 12+...was deciding between watching the show and studying for the upcoming tests, and in the end, as usual, I succumb to the temptation and chose watching the show. I mean, in my secondary school life till now, I have never ever start studying for a test unless the test's tomorrow , so I guess it's not about to start, not such a tough choice to make afterall. So the first temptation I succumb to...

And as the show went on, I got progressively hungry...but the problem is I swear not to eat any junk food (or any food or that matter) after 10..and especially not at 12+ when I'm going to sleep. I've gotten much fatter and heavier over the holidays (a friggin' 7 kg can you believe?) Some of my pants don't fit anymore...so I die die must stop my bad habit of eating at such unearthly hour...

But...temptations are hard to resist...ice cream's in the freezer...dying to be eaten by me....I'm hungry....so it didn't take long for me to forget all about my attempt to slim down. What's more I've got this cough thing...that doesn't seem to get any better...but heck, I still ate that ice cream...and the most funny part is just as I was finishing the ice cream, the show ended with tha quote....such a fitting ending....that's the second temptation I succumb to...

Even right now...I shouldn't be using the computer...I would normally stay in school on Mondays to do my tutorials and stuff...and being the efficient worker that I'm...I've finish almost all the work that we had....except a few here and there....so I decided to come home earlier today...since it's pouring, the class bench is wet, not really suitable for studying for tests...

I intended to come home, and study at least a bit first before even touching the computer....but my self-discipline is really weak I guess...so here I am...

On a totally unrelated note, Napfa's today...did horribly...

Sit up - A (43)
Sit & Reach - A (50 cm)
Pull Up - D (3)
Shuttle Run - E (10.8)
Standing Broadjump - FAIL! (203 cm)

Argh...horrible grades...It's kind of malu-ating to post my lousy Napfa grades here, but nevermind, it will spur me to train harder for the re test!

Sit-ups, I finished my 43 with around 5-7 seconds to spare....sit & reach is ok too....Pull up is saddening...train so long liao still no improvement....cannot! I must be able to do at least 5! Shuttle run is expectedly bad, I never get past a D for shuttle run. And broadjump is the most depressing, jumped a lousy 203 cm, missing even the E grade by 3 damn cm. Even xinyi can jump 222 cm...I'm so bai lei....And it's absolutely NOT TRUE that people with long legs can run fast and jump far...Sylvia and I pretty much proves the theory otherwise....

Broadjump and shuttle run are my problems I guess...pull ups I can train...but broadjump and shuttlerun? I guess I can run more but jump more? Nevermind, I will try to improve this 2 by hook or by crook before the retest.

I am the only guy (and I believe only person) in the class to fail 5 items lor! Cannot cannot...die die must at least get a bronze this year and a silver next year! I don't want to be the first 06S71 guy to enlist in NS!

The first step would be to cut my weight and lose all the fats...seriously...and to do that, running 3 times a week wouldn't really help unless I stop with all the junk food eating....

Resist...must resist....

No comments: