Sunday, April 09, 2006

Campus Superstar

//Campus Superstar//

Yea I was a bit lag....wanted to post this since the finale last sunday...but never really have the urge to blog...so here it is now...

Just caught parts of the finale of Campus Superstar on TV just now during its second telecast...yea..Chee Yang won (I still prefer calling him Chee Yang than Zhi Yang)...I'm a bit shocked...not that he don't deserve it cause he is one of the better singers in the competition in my opinion...I'm just shocked cause I didn't expect him to beat Refrend in terms of vote (which he turns out he didn't, he beat Refrend in terms of score, which help his overall percentage)...but he still beat Refrend nevertheless...so yea I was shocked...in fact I didn't really expect him to go that far...cause I didn't really think Hwa Chong people would be that supportive, but you never know, maybe majority of his votes are from the general public? But nevertheless, he won...I'm happy for him...he deserved it...

But what really shocked me more is my parents' reaction throughout the finale...they were like so so excited and nervous during the whole show...so scared that Chee Yang would get eliminated, right after the first round which they showed Refrend leading in votes...they were like "Ay! Go vote a few votes for him lerz"...and my parents are the type that are "Ay..you better don't waste your money voting ok...Mediacorp cheat money one..." normally, be it Singapore Idol, Project Superstar or any other shows that require voting...so Mediacorp finally managed to "con" my parents to vote...(but they didn't in the end larz)...cause we all don't know the number...by the time we know..voting is over...

And when it's announced that Chee Yang is in instead of Refrend...my parents were will clapping and cheering....lol...omg! How come?!?! What was I doing? Ok..I was nervous for him too....but I was doing my Bio SPA A worksheet or something...when it was announced that he was in...I was happy at the moment...then I proceed on to do my SPA A worksheet....

At the end, when the overall winner is announced...you can imagine the reactions of my parents...I need not elaborate...I was delighted that he won...I mean he's from Hwa Chong, I'm from Hwa Chong...so of course I'm delighted...and it's kind of weird...to have a schoolmate being the first Campus Superstar, cause it's like you see him in school (since his class bench is next to my class's)......and it's just so different than what you see on the TV...while I was happy...my reaction wasn't really as big as my parents...who were so so excited...I hardly saw them feeling so excited in my life...

And from what I gathered...my parent's aren't the only ones behaving "abnormally" during that finale night...Jason's and Mitchell's parents too...what's up with all our parents huh?

Went KBox with pauline cheryl everlyn wilson yesterday...just discovered 2 more girls in the class who can sing...lol...it's like Pauline sang...Cheryl sung....ownage...then me and wilson...noobs...then everlyn...ownage again....everytime just go kbox to listen to them sing can liaoz larz...

and why the hell didn't they go participate in Hwa Chong Idol....they can surely beat that "My Heart Will Go On" girl and that "Knock Knock Knock on Heaven's Door" girl...in fact they are better than all the guys that sung on the day too...(sorry..I don't really like the eventual hwa chong idol..and most other guys..)...but it may be kind of hard for them to get that far larz...cause the eventual representatives of Apollo are Meiling and Jingkai...the former which I think can sing very well and should have won...the latter which somehow a lot of people think can see but I don't like...

Anyway...I just want to clarify something...maybe it's just me and they really feel this way...but some of my classmates looked rather suprised and asked "You all going KBox huh??" when they knew about it and I sort of felt quite bad at that moment cause we didn't ask them along......well actually...at first only wilson and everlyn tio the unlucky lots in the lucky draw...so they have to come...and at that time, sign up time for sabbats is still 7am...so I decided to come for the science synposium that day since I have to wake up early anyway...then the 3 of us can go out...cause I have not gone out for a long long time....and at that point...we haven't decided where to go or what to do...

So on fri...we decided to go KBox...and most of the class isn't that interested as seen from the previous outing...plus at that point..we also didn't really know who else are going for the synposium and it's kind of ma fan to go around asking and stuff...so we decided to just keep it simple...3 people easier to manage...then later Pauline and Cheryl heard about it so they joined us...

So we didn't really purposely choose to tell certain people and and choose not to tell some other...since it was meant to be a really simple kbox outing in the first place...

But as Pauline said...next time we should get more people to come...cause singing duets is so fun!!! Lol...after like 4 years in guys sch..and only going to KBox with guys...it gets pretty boring...suddenly with girls around...no matter what songs they sing...it seems so high...lol...and I realised it's the same thing for them (all 3 of them are from girls school)...so it's kind of hard for them to find guys to sing duets with....but I guess a girl-girl pair singing a guy-girl song will sound infinitely better than a guy-guy pair singing a guy-girl song...

Anyway...I think I did something wrong for TKD grading just now...after the pattern..the judge was pointing at me and doing some weird thing with his fist (something wrong with the way I clench my fist??)...so I thought "Shit, I need to redo the pattern"...but no it didn't happen...at that brief moment..I was relieved...cause I need not redo...but after that brief moment....I thought "What if I failed...what if that fist clenching is such a basic mistake that the judge just failed me straight away without letting me re-do?" Well..it could also be that the mistake is so minor that doesn't require re-doing the pattern....I won't know till 2 weeks later....but 1 thing for sure....no double promotion...not that I haboured any hope in the first place since my kicking is bad cause of my inflexibility...

Another week has come and gone...and to my horror...it's week 4 already!! 2 more weeks to Napfa....and 1 more week to the "Week Of Many Tests"....still haven't figure out Series and Sequence for Maths yet...still haven't break the 5 pull-ups and 220cm broad jump barrier...

No comments: