Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Food Part II

//Food Part II//

I ate 3 Portugese Tarts...shared 1 Mango Ice with Mitchell and Everlyn...1 chicken wing...1 "slice of Chiang Mai Popian (i think i spelled wrongly)...1 MacDonald Chocolate Milkshake (potato starch!)...and 1/4 cup of MacDonald regular sprite....

Going to Bukit Ho Swee for comm serve makes me fat.

After comm serve, we would normally walk to Tiong Bahru Plaza to take MRT home...and before that we would usually go in to get food...and eating like this every week definitely makes me fat...

And to top that...I went home and had my dinner as usual...zai right? Eat so much....

But apart from eating so much....we talked a lot too...at Macs...Everlyn, mitch and I just talked a lot...and it's really a talking session...of course with me drinking my milkshake and everlyn eating her popian...I mean how can she be not eating?

And I realised the problem finally....as in not really problem...but I would say reason....reason why the class feels different than it did before the holidays....

At first I attributed it to the fact that we are all starting to get serious now...starting to mug more...and stopped having fun...but yuming was right...the fun only stopped cause we decided to stop having fun...so it wasn't really the fact that the first 3 months is over that make the difference.....

I realised...it's the lack of gossips and scandals! I mean you can't deny that those scandals and gossips we had in the first 3 month...despite being so lame and untrue and...well just lame...it was pretty entertaining...the SCANDAL CENTRAL on the class blog was funny while it lasted...our class has never been the ultra hyper and super high type....but we still had fun! But now....without all the scandals and stuff...basically the 新鲜感 is no longer there...

I was looking at some of the photos we took in the first 3 months...it was just so refreshing to see the girls in their sec sch uniform...and reading the blog archives in Jan and reading the entries now....the difference is obvious...

Who knows how important scandals and gossips can be? lol...

Well I think it's more than that though....since school reopened...I think I hardly had a really good talk with anyone at all....the conversations were mostly superficial....and talking with mitch and everlyn just now just made me feel alive again! Lol...dramatic I know...but true...it's like suddenly there's some substance in my life or something....before that I've been feeling pretty empty...

Enough about the class....the comm serve itself is interesting too...found myself loooking forward to comm serve each week more and more...ok...i'm lying...i don't really look forward to it before I go....cause of my obvious laziness and slackiness....

But each time I leave the centre....I look forward to visiting again next time (till the day itself...where I will feel slack and lazy again)....

The kids there are sweet...most of them...tutored Faizul (I just can't get his name right) today...and it was like when we entered the room....he was just starting at me...and later when I walked past to put my bags down...he said "Kor kor...teach me afterwards ok.."

Aww..so sweet right...I feel wanteed...lol....and most of the time before we leave...they will always ask..."when will you be coming again?"....for a long time in my life...I felt some value in me....

Teaching them can be quite frustrating too...when they don't want to learn...but somehow they just make me feel good each time I leave the centre...

"Da Vinci Code" was pretty exciting I must say...I seriously think I should pick up the habit of reading again....

Will try to write a review of it in my next entry....actually whenever I write reviews for movies or books..I always wonder why bother...it isn't exactly something which I wanna record down and look back in 10 years time and exclaim "oh tt's how i felt at that time"....

But I guess I will still write it anyway...cause it was really a good book...

No comments: