Saturday, March 11, 2006

A Series Of Unfortunate Events

//A Series Of Unfortunate Events//

Actually, it isn't really that unfortunate.

But you can't deny that bad things tend to happen in a row. It's really the case, once something bad happens, more will follow suit. But I must admit I tend to take note and focus a lot more on these bad stuff when they happen together, if they are isolated cases, I probably wouldn't care so much.

So let me go back 4 days ago....

8/3/ Wed: 2 pm
Ivan's appeal back to Hwa Chong worked! But he's now in S75? Weird huh? But as much I like to stay and see what I can do to help, I have to go to the High school to see Vincent tan for rehearsal for SSEF.

Met him, but sadly no computer! There's something wrong with the poster, thus it has to be edited but there's no computer with Publisher....finally found a teacher with Publisher in his laptop...wasted about 1 hour there? All the editing and dilly dallying around...

Nevermind...so let's rehearse! But guess what...there's no com...so how we rehearse? It's ok...we very zai...can remember the powerpoint and poster by heart...so we can rehearse even without it...but isn't it like a bit waste of time...go there present without the poster and powerpoint, what kind of rehearsal is that?

Then comes the best part...while I thought I can go print the poster on Thur....Mr Tan think it should be done on Wed! I mean it's reasonable, what if something goes wrong on Thursday...but still I dun wanna go print! I got Bio test on Thur you know! But no choice...have to go...

8/3/ Wed: 4 pm
So very sadly..I set off to Peace Centre at Dhoby Gauht. Took 171...which by the way the air con's spoilt...nevermind about that...by right should reach in half hours time...but of course things wouldn't go so smoothly...of all times...I choose to oversleep this time...by the time I wake up...I am in Cityhall liao. But being blur blur, I thought haven't pass by Dhoby Gauht, so I went to ask the driver...and he was like "Heh, Dhoby Gauht pass by long ago liaoz.." in a ultra super bitchy tone, I should slapped him on the spot...but I just woke up and I didn't really expect that kind of attitude from him...so nevermind...I alighted...took a train back to Dhoby Gauht.

Things seem fine right, reach Dhoby Gauht liaoz...but I have to mess things up by coming out of the wrong exit. I mean 171 stops at the exact place which I can walk to Peace Centre directly, MRT's much troublesome...and I have to make it even more so by coming out of the wrong exit...

So I started to walk towards Peace Centre...and the distance was much further than I remembered, it was about Chinese High swimming pool to Coro...esp with the construction work going on in the area...I have to walk the longer way...

8/3/ Wed: 5 pm
A half hour journey ended up being 1 hour, but I reached the place nevertheless. Found the shop, but what seems like an half hour printing job lasted 3 hours. All sorts of problems came up, like the computer not being able to detect the thumbdrive, then the poster was too big, then the graph lines were too light, then the printer isn't working, then the computer refuses to print...all sorts of problems happened....and when we finally got it working and printing...it's 8pm! I mean can you believe it, I'm stuck at Peace Centre for friggin' 3 hour...alone! And by no means am I a Publisher pro...I am even amazed by myself how I solve those problems there...

8/3/ Wed: 8 pm
Decided to screw it and take a cab home, I definitely don't want to walk back to the MRT...ironically, the song that I heard on the taxi is this...

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down
and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day
- Daniel Powter

how fitting for my day...reached home...decided that I was not in the mood to study Bio...watched American Idol instead...finally started studying at 10pm....studied till about 12+ before I fell asleep while studying on my bed...luckily for me, I anticipated that and had set my alarm to 5am....but still I did not manage to finish studying...completely ignored the "proteins" section....

9/3/ Thur: 8 pm
For some weird reason, 71 was singled out as being noisy though the hundreds of other students were making as much noise... nevermind about that...but after the Bio test....I was quite sad...cause I could have sleep much earlier...there is absolutely no point in studying for this test...I would have done as bad even if i don't study....just regretted waking up at 5 to study...such a waste of time....

9/3/ Thur: 2 pm
Supposed to go to Science Centre to set up the booth for SSEF....went to the high school library to transfer some files...and take the laptop...kh and mw are supposed to meet me at the library before going to the carpark for the bus...and I was abandoned by them...again. Nevermind, I missed the bus...ended up taking a cab there....

9/3/ Thur: 5 pm
Poster setup was full of hiccups too...rush here rush there to buy stuff...when it's finally time to go....it started raining...how nice...shared an umbrella with kh..but it's basically useless...and my whole pants is entirely DRENCHED....kh and I were talking about there would be rainbow after a storm...and we hope we can do well in ssef....

Jurong and Hougang is pretty far away...decided not to take the train...cause firstly at that kind of time, there would be absolutely no seat...secondly...if I take bus...I can find some seats right at the back...and I can roll up my pants...cause the wet pants is friggin' irritating...

So I took 51....and guess what...it took be a total of 2 hours to reach home!!! It's friggin' 92 stops! I passed by like West Coast, Pasir Panjang, Haw Par Villa, Queenstown, Clementi, Commonwealth, Clark Quay, Bugis, passed by so so so many MRT station...Queenstown, Clementi, Clark Quay, Bugis, Lavander, Eunos, Paya Lebar, Aljunied....the bus went from fully packed to literally empty to fully packed again so many times during my ride....

10/3/ Fri:
SSEF judging!!! The judges were pretty nice except the last one who seem very uninterested....Finally I have a day that goes well....but life can't be perfect can it? At night...I got this ultra bad cough...

11/3 Sat:
Woke up with body aches all over the place...the kind of body aches that you experience when you are about to get a flu or fever....reached the Science Centre...it got worst...so I sat on the chair beside the booth and...sleep...lol..ok I know I probably shouldn't...but I didn't sleep much though...the official there woke me up....so I went to a quiet corner...and continue sleeping...and I ended up waking up with a headache....which I am still having now....and no I refuse to eat Panadol...I've relied on Panadol way too much....

Results came in at about 3pm +....got SILVER!!! Totally unexpected....I mean you never know how they will judge your project...and I knew that last year...a lot of groups only got "Participation"...kind of expected this kind of result too....so our aim is to get merit...anything above that is bonus....and man we got a big bonus! Seems like there's indeed rainbow after the storm...

But the rainbow was shortlived though...this time round...I decided to take the train and not 51...no one in the right mind would take a bus that will pass by 92 stops to reach your house....took a train down to outram park, and from there took to Habourfront cause I want a seat....and I got it...I slept....and slept...and slept...and when I woke up...I was already at Seng Kang! Which means I have already passed by Kovan....sad isn't it...so I alighted wanting to cross the Platform to take a return train....but after I alighted....I realised the train at the opposite platform goes to Punggol....and the train that I was on actually goes to Kovan!! If you still don't get what's happening...it means that I have slept from one end (Habourfront) to the other end (Punggol), missing Kovan station....and the train is going back to Habourfront, which means if I had not alighted the train I would have reach Kovan too...

Headache's killing me right now...I totally cannot get excited over the SSEF results which this kinda headache...

someone please kill me now...

No comments: