Saturday, March 01, 2008

My February

//My February//

In case you think I died in Tekong or something, I didn't. I was just too lazy to update this blog, cause there's seriously nothing much going on in my life now anyway.

It certainly doesn't help when 2 of my precious weekends since my last update have been eaten up by fieldcamp and sit test.

BMT life since my last update is...well..like that lor. Had the fieldcamp, which according to my sgt is supposed to be omg-so-shagged, and sit test which is supposed to be omg-even-more-shagged. Of course there's lots of IPPT, SOC, and route marches going on coupled with the usual PT like strength training, speed training and AGR. Did my live range too, so basically I am only left with one last major event for BMT which is the 24km route march.

I realised I kind of enjoy outfield, at least I kind of like my fieldcamp and sit test (when it didn't rain). I mean it's not like I love outfield or what, in fact there are lots of things that I hate about fieldcamp, like all the proning during stand 2, all the tekaning etc, but somehow, time seems to pass much faster. Like during fieldcamp, an entire afternoon can be spent on practising fire movement or urban ops stuff, and admist all the waiting, eating (yes eating!), and getting scolded by sgts, the afternoon is over just like that.

And I loooove sit test, not for the test itself, but for all the free time we had. The test usually ends at 12+ and it's free time for the rest of the day! And it's quite nice to sit around and talk cock while munching on the biscuits from the accessory pack.

Somehow we just eat so so much during fieldcamp and sit test that we think we will gain weight after fieldcamp. Speaking of food during fieldcamp, I absolutely love the desserts in our combat rations, especially the red bean with wintermelon and red bean with logan. i LOVE the peanut with lotus roots too. I love the oat digestive biscuit in the accessory pack too, oh and the fruit bars! It's kind of funny that before the sit test, some of my bunkmates and I were talking about how excited we are about sit test cause we get to eat field rations again.

Live range was another slack affair. It's a lot of sitting around and waiting, and of course, eating (again). Thank god for the ninja van for selling all the snacks and stuff if not I think I would have died of boredom. I did pretty ok for my day shoot, scoring 15/16, but I am such a bobo shooter at night scoring only 6/16. But as long as I passed I'm happy.

Can't say the same for my IPPT though. Had my IPPT last mon, I was quite glad that I've improved in all stations, chin ups from 0 when I first enlist to 7 now, and 2.4 from 13.12 to 10.58. Sadly, I just can't jump. The sgt was like "JUMP LIKE A FROG!!" when I went for the IPPT re-test with Kestrel coy on fri, but no matter how hard I tried I still can't pass lar. I was quite touched though when almost all my platoon mates who went for the retest was encouraging me and telling me I can do it. It's funny that there's 2 of us from the platoon that can't pass SBJ, and no one really cared about the other person.

Speaking of "that person", I am really amazed at how NS can make me re-evaluate myself as a person. I used to think I am a very mild-tempered person, with a very high level of tolerance. I guess I was wrong, cause "that person" actually made me do things I don't think I would usually do. I really really cannot stand "that person" (and I think the same can be said for almost the whole platoon), and I think he's the first person that can make me say such sacarstic comments right in his face. I mean normally I just keep those comments to myself, but with him, it just comes out of my mouth, there's no control.

10 more days to POP and I can't wait to get that person completely out of my life. I swear if he manage to get into OCS, I would absolutely completely lose faith in how our army operates. That being said, though I certainly won't miss him, I am sure I would miss my bunkmates and platoonmates for sure. I would miss Rocky Hill Camp for the serenity. I would miss my big big bunk compared to those at Ladang. I would even miss some of my commanders.

10 more days, hope it's a memorable 10 days.

No comments: