Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pointless Ramblings

//Pointless Ramblings//

It's just another story caught up in another photograph I found
And it seems like another person lived that life
A great number of years ago from now
- Photograph (Jamie Cullum)

Been reading through some of my older entries lately, because well, I'm just too bored, and I was actually quite surprised at some of the things I wrote. Not that it was even remotely good writing or what, but at least there was something, I actually put some thoughts into what I wanna write. But I was kind of glad I did capture down what I felt at that period of time, at least I was reminded that I was once optimistic about some stuff.

Lately, I don't know whether it's the lack of time, no inspiration or what, I just can't be bothered to even try to translate those incoherent thoughts and ramblings in my mind into words anymore. I'm just lazy I guess. Or maybe I should say that I hardly have such reflections and thinking process going on in my brain anymore since my life has been all about following orders.

"If the commander ask you to jump, you jump", to quote one of my commanders.

Shall not blame it entirely on NS, and I decided I shall stop blogging about it too, at least not during my block leave, because I want to feel like a real civilian for once. *try to ignore the fact that posting is coming out tomorrow and i will be back by monday*

Been discussing with quite some people about uni applications lately too. Reading up on all the modules and stuff made me kind of pumped up and excited about uni education. Of course I was slapped back into reality really soon.

Admist all these discussions, the issue of moral courage was suddenly raised. Don't ask me how, it was kind of random I agree. Do you stand up for what you believe in? Apparently, someone commented that my friend lack moral guts? Kind of made me wonder what that someone thought of me too with regards to this, but I would be more than willing to admit I'm not the kind that will fight aggressively for my rights or what I think is right. Not proud of it, but yea, that's me. That's not to say I condone stuff that I think is morally wrong tho.

Of course I'm not talking about really serious stuff like condoning crimes or whatsoever. But let's say someone cut my queue, my typical reaction would be to just let it be. And that's basically my attitude towards a lot of stuff. I mean 多一事不如少一事, so why get worked up over trivial stuff like that? I am just the type of person that prefer peace, nothing wrong with that I guess. People may see it as a sign of weakness or what, but at the end of the day, as long as I'm happy, who are they to judge?

Ok, I think I am getting into the rambling mode already. Shall talk about something happier.

Finally, I watched a movie! "Vantage Point" wasn't exactly mind-blowing fantastic, but it was worth the money at least. I felt that a lot of parts could have been developed further, like the media reporting part, or the backstory of some of the characters. The narration was quite interesting. reminded me of the movie "Memento", which is a movie with a very simple plot narrated in a fascinating manner. So just like what I felt about "Memento", take away the narration plot device, and "Vantage Point" is actually a very simple and straightforward movie. I kind of wished there was more twists actually, and the excessive use of this mode of narration from the different point of view, made it feel a bit gimmicky. But all in all, I did enjoy it.

On a totally unrelated note, I read this article on zaobao the other day, about the current trend of people changing the lyrics to current pop songs. Kind of funny cause I was just telling meng about how both my bro and sis actually write their own songs, and that I wanna try writing some lyrics too some time.

For me, lyrics of a song is far more important than the melody itself. I can find myself growing to really love a song with a very average tune, but awesome lyrics, but I just can't bring myself to listen to songs with crap lyrics. Granted it's the tune that usually attract me to a song in the first place, it's the lyrics that determine whether it's just another song I will sing along to or one that I really like.

One of these days...I will write something...when inspiration strikes.

No comments: