Sunday, March 30, 2008

First Week

//First Week//

Life in stagmont is pretty good compared to BMT.

I mean there's of course the initial "i-hate-this-new-place" blues on the first day when you don't know anyone, and you don't know the place well, and you are forced to study all the physics stuff that I personally HATE to the core. Luckily, it only lasted like for a day, because the whole atmosphere there is just so...happy that it's hard to feel sad there. Yes, everyone is sian of mugging and studying (and mind you, we really study A LOT, like from 8 to 6 almost everyday) but all in all, it's a happy place, even for the commanders, so it's really hard to feel depressed over there.

Not that we are happy 24/7 there also lar, especially when certain news are made. News like where we are going to posted to after the 6+ week course definitely manage to make most of us feel -_- for quite some time, but oh well, there's nothing good food can't solve, so I'm really glad my bunk decide to just "emo" over it over food every night by going down to the food vending machine to pig out.

Speaking of my bunk, there's a whoopin 5 hwa chongians out of 9 people in my bunk! So there's definitely loads to talk about, especially GOSSIPS! Oh man, hwachong is such a happening and horny place. Haha, shan't discuss too much here. But there's good and bad to it I guess, because of the fact that there are 4 other HC guys around that I can hang out with and speak to, there's no motivation in me to try to mix around with other people that much, and if I really did ended up in that place after my course, I definitely definitely need to mix around more with the platoon, even those that I feel are on a complete different frequency as me. But oh well, it's only the first week, shall see how it goes.

Was talking with mingwei on the phone that day while in camp, and we were whinning to each other as usual, and I came to the conclusion that there's really no point being envious of people for their vocation. I mean he's staying out, and he's complaining, I'm in signals, and I'm complaining. Bottomline, we are all human, we will never be 100% satisfied, and what's more, this is NS, where no one in the right mind would be happy to serve, so actually no matter where you are posted to, there are bound to be stuff that you won't be happy with cause it's army afterall. So, oh well, just count down to the next bookout!

Speaking of bookouts, got to bookout on Sat morning instead of Fri which is the standard in SI thanks to guard duty. Talk about lucky. But it's a 12 hour duty, so it's not that bad I guess compared to those who got weekend 24 hour duty.

Met up with meng, cheng n rence yesterday to celebrate meng's birthday. Ate at Billy Bombers, which well cost me a bomb but the ribs are nice. Highlight of the day should be this $10Family KTV at Chinatown which is superhard to find. When we finally found it, we were led to this small room just beside their kitchen. Though small, it's really cosy and the sofa's comfortable, and there's free flow of drinks and even shark fins' soup (seriously!), though it tasted like...hmm..nevermind. But all these only for $10++ for 7 to 10, which is seriously quite cheap, and the songs there are actually very updated, and for some reason, we just got very high randomly over random songs. The 2pm to 7pm slot is even cheaper cause it's 10 bucks nett. Highly recommended!

No comments: