Sunday, April 20, 2008

Growing Up

//Titleless//

Been ages since I last updated this blog. Nothing really major much has been going on in camp recently, other than the constant emo-ing of "omg, i m going 1SIR!" or "omg! i wanna down pes!". Well, but truth be told, I don't think any one of us would actually end up down pes-ing or anything like that. I guess you must have that "chao geng" gene in you to really actively seek ways to down pes, and sadly, none of us possess that important gene.

The most major event that happened in the last 3 weeks in camp..is probably the lines summary exercise. But wait! That's classified information! So oh well, not like it was ultra exciting and deserve a paragraph by itself anyway.

What's more "blog-worthy" is probably be the post-exercise recovery period, where we have to wheel back all the lines through the night right after the exercise. This kind of thing just reinforce my dislike for certain people in the platoon, and it's really very obvious who actually bothers to put in that tinnie winnie pit of effort, and who just don't care at all.

A certain someone want us to gel and work together as a platoon, which is fair enough I guess, but I guess it's impossible to work together, if some people don't work at all to start with?

My past 2 weekends have been spent with meng, cheng and terence, and yes, it does feel a bit loser-ish initially, like "don't I have other friends?! why am i seeing the same people 2 weekends in a row!" But oh well, anything beats staying at home, so I went out with them anyway, and I really enjoy their company too, so why not?

Watched this movie called "Untraceable" last week, before heading down to some pub in Clarke Quay. I admit, I never club, I don't even go pubs cause I just don't drink, so when they suggested it, I was like "okay..." but I still went anyway. Had Vodka with Sprite, which is like pretty mild I guess, but I just conclude I don't like to drink at all. In fact, I don't like any food with alcoholic content, like I don't even like Rum & Rasin.

This week, we decided to head down to Marina South for some steamboat, only to realise it's all gone?! So headed to Lau Pa Sat instead, stuffed ourselves with food, and it was actually a great nights out, if not for the super annoying bell ringing thing every hour. Now we know why the whole place is so void of customers.


Food we ordered!

Went over to Harry's...and this time round, I sticked to plain water.

Ok, I think my blog is turning into some horrible report of my life in chronological order. Bad bad. There are actually lots of things on my mind over the weeks, but I just don't feel motivated to write them out.

Oh well, till next time, out.

No comments: