Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Past & Future

//Past & Future //

Watched "Cars" last Saturday, I must say it's one of the best animated films I've watched in a while. What makes it so good for me is the story line, and not the humour quotient, because I can immediately think of lots of other animated films that are funnier than "Cars".

But the thing that appeals to me the most about this movie is "feeling of getting away". The little town Radiator Springs that Lightning McQueen ended up at seems like the perfect little town for a short getaway, getaway from the mundane life here. The graphics are breathtaking, and I find myself gasping at the beautiful scenary. It looked this real.



I have always fantasized about going away to some far far away places, some little towns, or the countryside, somewhere peaceful I guess...and this idea is totally so tempting and appealing when I'm burnt out from all the work..when I feel emotionally drained trying to do everything from CCA to studies to family...

I haven't had this feeling for a long time, but watching this movie just sort of rekindles that little spark in me...so since getting away to a far far away place is totally impossible at the moment right now, especially with block tests coming up, I can only settle for the second best right now.

A St John camp in school.

I guess it can be considered a little getaway for me, I'm out of my house at least, and I loved the school compound (as in the high school side), and especially so at night, late at night. It is just so peaceful and tranquil, so I did get to go to "somewhere peaceful" like I wanted I guess...

It was a fun 3 days...when mw yc and i climbed out of the gates on mon night to go out to 7-11 to buy stuff...I can't remember when was the last time we did this together...if I'm not wrong, it was in sec 1, when we had to go for the hike to Toa Payoh at 3 am in the morning...

The late night mugging session together was memorable too, I mean how often do you mug together with your good friends in the middle of the night like 3+ , in a school classroom somemore...but I believed we did eat more than we study...from all the snacks to leftover rice from dinner, I think it's hard for me not to get fat now...

Lying down in the street soccer court at 1+...talking to yc while sending the sec 2s one by one off for their confidence trail....that was really a peaceful moment. Imagine 10+ people, all lying in the street soccer court, no one is talking at all, and as you lay there looking up at the night sky, all you hear is nothing basically...that's Hwa Chong at night...for the past 80+ years...it's been the same every single night...and there you are...being a part of it...

Almost all the people I have talked to prefered secondary sch to jc...for all the different reasons....from studies to cca to friends...is jc really that bad? For me, I actully do enjoy my jc life a lot, maybe i didn't really had tt good a secondary sch experience...i mean i LOVE tchs...the school compound, the teachers...i guess i just didn't really live it to the fullest...cause nothing really makes me wanna turn back in time and go back to secondary sch life except st john...

In the street soccer court, yc asked me what's the single most memorable experience in my 4 years in tchs...and my mind went blank for that moment...he told me his was the Perth Trip...and I began thinking about my Yunnan trip...which was fun and really cool, but it didn't strike me as the "most memorable experience" type...then what came to my mind after that was the St John camps...so without thinking much...I told him the sec 1 st john camp was the most memorable...cause of the "shock" factor...I didn't know what to expect...so it did shock me, and scenes from that camp is still fresh in my mind....

now...thinking back on that question...i m starting to remember more stuff....projects day grand finals in sec 4...the Passing out parade in 2004 (when we became NCOs)...the passing out parade in 2005 (when we passed on to the next batch)...zone comp....nat comp....

National comp would be my answer. Nothing beats the moment when the results were announced. Screwing up and still getting 3rd is pretty impressive huh? (though i'm not particularly proud of the fact that we screwed up..)

The place in High school that I missed the most is definitely the EP3 block....definitely...since it doesn't exist anymore. I'm glad they didn't totally demolised the whole building...cause there are just too much memories there...

I shall stop with all the nostalgic stuff...no point keep thinking about the past right? We should all learn to look forward to our future...and looking forward now...I see nothing in my future except....

Block test.

If block test is all I see in my future, then i wouldn't hesitate to say that my future seems rather bleak...really bleak in fact...

I keep trying to convince myself that I should not mug so hard for this test, cause what's the point really? Mug so hard...if the effort translates to grades...then I probably get As and Bs...then what? Yes I will be happy with good grades...who wouldn't?

But I failed...I couldn't convince myself...there's still a part of me telling me that I should mug hard...put in my best effort...not to slack...

It's like a struggle...angel VS devil...so I tried to study...but half-heartedly...really slowly...but somehow...this time round... I more or less can forsee what kind of grades I will get...study or not...it will be lousy...I really don't know what kind of questions to expect...

It sucks...to know that no matter how hard you study...you will get sucky results (this is not the sucky part)...yet you can't stop yourself from feeling the need to study (this is the sucky part)...and when you don't study...you feel damn guilty...

Shall stop ranting about block test now...to much sad/bad stuff in this entry...shall end it off with something happier...

Another friend of mine just got attached! Love makes the world go round huh? Haha...and they look compatitable together...all the best!

No comments: