Thursday, June 01, 2006

Fund Raising

//Fund Raising//

Daily updates: Another patient that I visited during the home visits on Tuesday passed away today. This is pretty unexpected, cause her condition is considered stable when we visited her on Tuesday.

This time round, the reaction is surprise rather than sadness. Maybe cause the patient's quite old already, or it could be I'm starting to get numb to all these news.

Was attached to the Fund raising department today. When the person briefing us on Monday told us that we would help in some of fund-raising projects on Thursday, I was quite skeptical cause I don't think there's much we can do in 1 day. I was so wrong.

We were supposed to help sell some home-made cards and so on made by this patient's wife in our school...and we had to plan it now...cause this patient, he can't work, so can't his wife, cause she had to take care of him, their son, and her mother-in-law (who've got stroke)...

So spent the entire afternoon watching some videos from the charity show from the last 2 years, and drafting the proposal...

I can't believe I cried so many times from watching the various clips of the patient's condition (those little segments during the charity shows)...espeically the parts where the parents (with cancer) cried, and say they wanna watch their kids grow up...etc...I can totally relate to that (not that I have kids or anything)...and evil Sylvia was laughing at me...

1 more day to lots of fooooood at the Interact BBQ...

No comments: