Friday, June 16, 2006

"I want to go back..."

//"I want to go back..."//

Don't you just feel like going back in time to relive some of the more memorable experiences in your life....

Meng seems to enjoy the thailand ocip trip so much that he wishes to go back (as seen in his msn nickname)...in fact i've heard nothing but good things about the thailand trip...

Kai Herng seems to have enjoyed himself during this attachment to IBM for his SRP...at least he told me "the whole thing is quite fun...except for one thing" (which of course I won't mention here)...

My attachment at SCS was really fun too...if not for the block tests, I wouldn't mind staying on for 2 more weeks over there, even doing SG work for them is pretty fun cause we get to meet all kinds of people everyday (especially at the welfare and hospice homecare dept)...

I decided not to write too much about the SCS attachment, I think I had written enough in the reflection booklet that needs to be handed in...uploading pictures would be much easier and it would says so much more...


The legendary SG room in the welfare department where all the welfare work are done...


The welfare department people...Melissa, Jay, Shaun, Karl, me, Sylvia and Wendy...(from left to right)

Melissa likes to go around poking guys, cause Jin Juan has the theory that guys who are scared of tickling will be good husbands next time..-_-...she actually studied "Social Work" in university....which makes me go wow...I didn't know there was such a course, or that you need to spend so many years in university studyin about social work to be a social worker...

Jay literally gave us an sexual education lesson...when he saw us reading the article entitled "LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX!" in a magazine after lunch(found on SCS waiting area table somemore...) As one of the girls is really curious about lots of stuff...Jay gave us the sex ed lesson...lol...in a professional way somemore...cause he studied "Psychology" in university...the lesson is really in depth...without being too graphic or obscene...lol

Shaun is a medical student in NUS right now, working temp at SCS since it's his holidays now...+ he has a ex Hwa Chong gf right now who is also studying medicine in NUS...

Karl...well..is just Karl...

It's really good in the sense that they all studied different things in university yet they all end up doing the same job...a social worker..and it's interesting to listen to Jay and Melissa talk about their experiences from their previous jobs...it was a good chance for me to know more about career options and stuff...since I don't really have a concrete idea what I wanna be next time, or even what I want to study...


(From left to right) Wendy, me, Amelia, Janice, Sylvia, Jin Juan and Hwee Ping.

Janice was really nice to us too, and she talked to us a lot about what she studied in university (economics) and how she ended up being doing a Public Relations job...and it's exciting to listen to Amelia and Hwee Ping (from Fund raising department) talk about the fund-raising projects they had....


The hospice homecare nurses: Mee Hong, Poon Kuan & Mui Hong...

I took the most number of taxi rides I had in my life with Mee Hong....6 taxis in 7 hours....from Tanjong Pagar to Ang Mo Kio to Yishun to Tampines to Pasir Ris....visited 6 patients in 1 day...all with different types of cancer...it's really a cool experience....and out of the 12 patients that Jin Juan and I visited in those 3 days...2 passed away during the time of our attachment....it makes me feel like we are cursed or something...and it's like we see her on Mon..she passed away on Tue...the other patient we saw her on Tue...she passed away on Wed....I didn't even get to see so much deaths in the hospital attachment to NUH A&E Department last time in St John...



These are the little gifts we gave them on our last day....it's nice...yet it don't cost a single cent! Jin Juan just moved house...so she got lots of tiles at home, so she just brought them, and we drew on them...and wrote messages at the back...and it's obvious I didn't take part in the drawing process...if I did..the tiles wouldn't be so nice anymore....

No comments: