Sunday, January 06, 2008

Anticipation

//Anticipation//

My bunkmate was telling me the best part about booking out is not the actual bookout, but the anticipation of it, especially a few hours just before the bookout. I agree wholeheartedly because we always hype things up to make ourselves feel better.

Likewise, the worst part of booking in is not the part where we fall in at Pasir Ris Interchange at the stipulated timing. The worst part is the few hours right before booking in as you are about to change out of your civilian clothing into your smart 4. The transition from civilian to soldier is indeed painful.

On a side note, we were asked to bring a photo in during our last book in, and I wanted to bring a photo of my cute cousin mao mao. Unfortunately, to my horror, I can't find a photo of him! (aside from those in the comp that is)...so in the end, I brought in this photo!


I can't find a family photo, SJAB photo or anything, so this is the closest and most significant photo I can find that actually means something to me.

1 more week to 1 month anniversary of enlisting.

65 days to POP.

No comments: