Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Brothers & Sisters

//Brothers & Sisters//

Been watching this show "Brothers & Sisters" recently...4 episodes only actually...

It's actually kind of entertaining, and quite different from the shows I usually watch...

I was looking at the list of shows I watch...I enjoyed watching "Charmed" because of all the magic elements in it and "Heroes" because of all the superhero powers and stuff. "Stargate Atlantis" got this cool science fic vibe to it, which I really enjoyed thought the storyline itself gets pretty weak sometimes.

I was absolutely hooked to "Lost" because of the overlying mystery that the writers laid out since season 1...and it's just intriguing to watch, with all the character connections and stuff, it's really a well-thought out show, and it's always exciting to see the mystery unfolds slowly.

"Ugly Betty" and "Desperate Housewives" are kind of there to balance out the rest of the show, cause of the humour, and "Desperate Housewives" actually had a cool overarching mystery throughout season 1, which unfortunately failed to carry over to the subsequent seasons.

Granted most of these shows have amazing character development for the cast (Lost in particular)...the thing that gets me really hooked to the shows isn't the storylines that revolve around the character, it's always something else, like the mystery and so on...

But "Brothers & Sisters" is different I realised. For me, it's truly a series about the characters. The characters are really 3 dimensional, and definitely more real than most of the characters in other shows.

What's cool is I actually find the characters irritating and unbearable at some point or another. I guess that's what makes them real. And it's funny watching the siblings fighting with each other, cause it kind of reminds me of my relationship with my bro and sis. Kind of a love-hate relationship.

They may be literally at each other's necks at one point in the episode, but when something happens later on, they will be there for each other. The tension from the fight and so on are still there, but it transceds that.

It's like I can be waging war with my brother over cabinet spaces, but it doesn't mean I am overjoyed by his crap results or that I would wish that the comp that he organised would fail...actually my relationship with my brother is very much like Tommy and Justin's relationship in the show, and my relationship with my sis is like Kevin and Sarah's.

Haha, shan't elaborate too much, I know they are reading.

No comments: