Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hess' Law

//Hess' Law//

It's kind of amazing how different J2 life is from J1 life.

It's the same school, the same class bench, the same classmates, same tutors (almost) and so on, but life is just so different.

I don't think it's the influx of tutorials or work or tests like some people said, cause seriously the workload actually didn't change much in my opinion, other than the fact that there are more Bio essays to be done, there isn't really much difference in terms of workload, like compared to term 3 of last year.

It's just the mentality that have changed. I can no longer slack in school at the class bench after school without feeling guilty. I can no longer dao all my tutorials and feel like it's ok, I can cope. And I can see that I'm not the only one feeling this change.

The A Level release of results really sort of freak me out a bit, maybe cause I never did O levels...I just look at the seniors, and you know I actually felt my heart beat faster when I was imagining myself in that same situation. I didn't felt a thing last year seeing the seniors collect their results, but this year is different, it's actually my turn to take the A lvls.

Plus the constant harping by the different teachers about A lvl results, how 9 out of 10 students get A for Bio, how many 4 As students there are, how all the students in her class get at least a B3 of GP...it sounds really easy doesn't it?

Ms Lim said Hwa Chong students somehow have the ability to step up and rise to the occasion, and Miss Wong showed us the article on how this girl from ACJC managed to get her 4 As despite less than stellar results from Prelims...

Well the fact is it's not easy at all. Not at all. I even have difficulty finding the motivation to study and work slightly harder at the beginning of the year. It's gonna be a tough year ahead. And the last year in school too. Mixed emotions.

Anyway after half a term of lagging in work, and half a term of maniac catching up, I can finally proudly say I'm more or less catching up in all tutorials (except Econs)...the next big step for me is to listen in ALL lectures...since the beginning of the year till now, the only lectures I listened to was Kinetics Part I, Photosynthesis (till the light dependent stage) and Respiration. That's it. i MUST change. i WILL listen and pay attention.

By the way, the title of this entry has absolutely nothing to do with the entry itself. I'm just in a chemistry mood.

No comments: