Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chinese New Year

//Chinese New Year//

Chinese New Year visiting lasted from 1pm to 3pm, and I only went 2 relatives' houses. (not that I'm complaining.)

Despite having like 9 uncles & aunties, with like 10+ married cousins on my father side, I received merely 8 angbaos...which adds up to a grand exact total of $50. Can't blame anyone, didn't stay long enough to get angbaos from everyone. Well, but this's only my father side. Not that I will get a lot more from my mum's side. I will probably get lots and lots of ringgit since I will be going Malaysia for those angbaos and I will probably lose them all in gambling. Oh well.

House visiting for my dad's side is really boring for me. I see these relatives like once a year during CNY + a few more times if there's any wedding dinners.

I've got like around 20 cousins, in fact I'm not even sure, I'm not sure how many sons/daughters each of my uncles and aunties have. In fact, I can't remember who is whose sons/daughters. I just know they are my cousins. Most of them are married anyway. So naturally, I couldn't remember 70% of their names.

Since most of my cousins are married, naturally I would have lots of nephews and nieces, around 20+ I guess. Some of them are even older than me can. If I can't tell which cousin is the son/daughter of which uncle/auntie, of course I can hardly tell which niece/newphew is from which cousin. To me they are all just cute little kids (other than a few of them who are around same age or older than me). So as expected, I don't really know 90% of my nieces and nephews' names too.

So with practically no one to talk to, the 3 of us (sis, bro and I) would have nothing to do other than to stone, or EAT. Of course we would choose to pig out. I ate from the moment I reach my auntie's house to the moment I left. I guess that's what new year goodies are for. To prevent people like me from being bored to death.

Food saved my life today :) Hope I don't end up looking like a pig come Wednesday.

No comments: