Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Nothing In Particular

//Nothing In Particular//

Don't really feel inspired to blog this few weeks. There are stuff that I want to write about, but the mood is just not there.

Tkd grading, National Comp, Friday night eating at Newton Circle, watching Pirates on Monday night, getting back most of the Block Test papers, the TIP rehearsals and the fact that the day that the Taiwanese are coming is really approaching soon, there are actually stuff going on in my life.

Lots of things other than the usual mundane stuff happening, but nothing really that striking and memorable...I guess this will be few weeks in my life that I will totally forget 10 years down the road....

Tkd grading, nothing interesting, same as last time, except this time round, I did with a whole bunch of really young kids, like 4-6 years old. Cause we do the pattern in groups of 6, and I just so happen to end up in a group of little kids. Unlike last time, I don't think I will fail this time round. No screwups = pass! Double promos...it depends on the judge's mood in my opinion, so I doubt I would get lucky 2 times in a row.

National comp, for me, the competition itself isn't really the highlight of the day. They got 3rd and 7th, not as good as we hoped, but good effort nonetheless. Competitions are like that, you may train very very hard, but if you don't step up on the actual day, it's as good as nothing. Not everyone can do that, that's what seperates the champions from the rest cause I believe everyone trained hard, they step up when they are required too. I guess that's what happen.

The dinner at Macs after the comp is the highlight of the day for me though. To quote xin yi, "squadmates are the best". I don't think I'm the only one feeling this way, and I'm glad for that. A squad of 21...now 20 after Shengjia went Australia, really hoped that we can have some overseas trip or something at the end of this year, even it's just going to someone's house in Malaysia. The mass convo with Shengjia was hilarous, from the convo itself, it seems like he already changed a lot, much to our speculation and expectation..haha...for one, he types in PERFECT ENGLISH now. And I'm freakin' envious of him. He drove in a valley! How cool is that? And he's building his own house....

Moving from squadmates to classmates...went to Newton Circus to eat with mitch, ever and wilson last friday night. We all LOVE FOOD. Quote again..this time from everlyn "i love fridays! i can waste time away without feeling guilty" which is so true. Basically wasted time all the way from 4pm to 8pm waiting for her interact stuff to end. Maybe not really wasted, since I managed to learn how to play "Yu Jian" with one hand on piano...and since I never had any music BG and the only instrument I ever learnt was recorder in primary school, I'm pretty proud with myself...

And went to watch "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" on Monday night. Again, wasted time from 3.30 to 6+ waiting for Yuming and Wilson's Bio Olympia talk to end. Good movie I thought, but didn't really leave a very deep impact on me, it disappeared from my mind about half hour after watching it, unlike "Cars"...movie ended around 11pm, reached home at about 11.45pm...fortunately didn't get bitched by my mum other than a "ming tian bu yong du shu huh? (tomorrow no school huh?)

Now for the not so pleasant stuff...block test results...

Bio - Unknown
Chem - U: 38/100
Maths - U: 39/100
Econs - B: 67/100
GP - B3: 67/100

Econs...16/25 for essay and 22/30 for case study...I heard it's essay 60% and case study 40%, hence 67/100, if it's 50 50, it would be 69/100...close to a "A"...the cloest I will ever get I guess..

GP is another pleasant surprise..33/50 for essay and 34/50 for compre...both are the highest grade I ever got for essay and compre. So so satisfied with my compre...thought the fact that I didn't finish my AQ will cost me lots of marks, and it did, 5/10 for AQ...but the rest...especially symmary pulled the marks up...

Chem and Maths are disappointing, and those are the first 2 content subjects I got to know my marks. Double blow. Never would I imagine my Chem to be worse than my Maths, never. But things happen.

Amount of effort put into studying the subjects is really proportionate to the marks this time round, since Econs is the only subject I fully studied all the chapters, I don't expect my Bio grades to be much better than my Maths and Chem, but I definitely hope it's better, since I did put in that little bit of extra effort.

That taiwan guy I'm hosting is coming really soon, and I can feel the excitement already. Seriously, this is the only thing that I'm really looking forward to this term. And the indian dance practice ain't that bad too, it's actually quite fun. Haha.

10 more days.

Funny how I titled this entry "Nothing in particular" and ended up blogging about a lot of stuff. I hate to just recount the events, cause it's boring to write...but I just did, oh well...

I have been thinking about it, I think I should revert back to my stone-like personality...

No comments: