Saturday, July 22, 2006

100th Entry

//100th Entry//

The title says it all.

Initially, I wanted to blog about my long long day on Racial Harmony Day, or the interesting convo I heard on the train today. I also told yc that I will dedicate one entry to Lingky, whom we all miss dearly. (no sacarsm whatsoever)

But I realised it's the 100th entry.

So I decided to make it more special by dedicating it to 3 dear friends of mine.

meng, cheng, terence. (in no order of merit, but I think subconsciously some name just happen to appear at the end...lol)

4 years ago, 4 f us happened to join the same CCA.

Come to think of it, I can't remember how we've gotten to be such good friends, afterall it's been 4+ years.

But I do remember the 4 of us ponning recrea together that day, haha, most of the people go for training, endure the tough training just for the recrea at the end of it. But at that time, 4 of us happened to pon recrea together, cause it's a really hot day, and I guess all of us were really tired after the training, that we rather slack at the side of the basketball court than to play and get more tired.

Seng Choon didn't make it compulsory for us to play, you can't have all 21 of us in the basketball court at the same time anyway, so the 4 of us started to crap with each other.

I still remember Stefanie Sun's "Start" album just came out, and "Gan Lan Shu" was her first single, and the four of us just started singing, and terence began making all the weird weird ugly ugly "dance" movements to fit the song.

And we were crapping, chatting, and Liu Xing Hua Yuan was very popular at that time. And H4 was born.

Later on, we decided that the name is too song and disgusting, so we wanted to change it. Out of the many horrendous names we came up with, "Pi sa Dan Ta" is the only one I can remember for some weird reason.

St John training suddenly became much more bearable after that.

We would spend most of the times before Friday training discussing what would happen today. We would talk about all sorts of stuff.

Then one fine day (it's Saturday), we were having PT, we ran past this red building, SIM. One of the four of us (I think it's cheng), commented that they sell great Peach Tea or juice or something. And being extremely thirsty at that time, we decided to come back after training to try the Peach Tea.

On the way there, we met Seng Choon, who decided to join us for lunch.

That was our first time eating at SIM. And no, they don't sell very nice Peach tea, it's just the normal Peach tea.

Since then, we started to eat together after Saturday training a lot, sometimes with other squadmates too. It's a pity that there are no more Sat trainings cause of the 5 day week.

I can't remember when was the first time we went out together. I think it's a movie, I remember going to the arcade. I think it's after a Sat training. I can't remember.

But one thing I know for sure, I enjoyed it.

I won't go to the extent to say that I'm very anti-social, but the truth is, in my 4 years in Chinese High, they are the first people I went out with together, and subsequently, I only go out with either the 3 of them, or other squadmates.

I also remember the quarrel I had with anyone from school was Cheng. I never really argued with any classmates or schoolmates before in primary school.

We argued over a trivial matter, I think it's about some token being stuck in the machine of the arcade, and cause we shared the token, he wanted to ask the person in charge to help us retrieve it while I don't, so we started arguing.

At that time, I kept a lot of things to myself, I don't talk to others much about how I feel, but with them, I feel very much at ease. I felt comfortable telling them a lot of stuff that I don't tell other people. Those stuff may not be a big deal, but I'm just not comfortable talking about it to other people.

During recess, we would meet at one of our classroom most of the time and hang out together. Most of the time, we don't go down to the canteen, cause of the atrocious queue and the short time we have. We would talk about NCOs, talk about seniors, talk about Lingky, talk about anything.

They basically pulled me through my sec 1 year.

Come sec 2, I was selected to join the comp team as reserve.

I hated it.

I remembered one of the Saturday, I thought there would be comp team training after morning training, so I formulated a "Pon afternoon comp training" plan. During one of the water breaks, I stuffed all my stuff into meng's bag. And I stuffed my empty bag into cheng's bag. Right after dismissal, I would quickly run to the college side toilet and hide. They will then pass me my stuff over there. This is to prevent any NCO from stopping me if they see me carrying a bag going.

Hilarous, just thinking about it makes me laugh at myself.

I hated comp team training so much cause I had so much difficulty keeping up with the sec 3s at that time, and training just ain't the same without them, it is so much more boring, and it got to a point that I decided to just quit.

Ironically, I ended up in comp team in sec 3...but this time round, all 3 of them are in the team too, together with Jeremy. It is just so different as compared to sec 2, mainly because of the company I have during training. They make training tolerable for me I guess.

I can seriously say that I would not have survived 4 years of SJAB if not for the 3 of them and the rest of the squad.

The 3 of them really made my secondary school life so much more memorable.

They influenced me a lot too, as all 3 of them watched Survivor and Amazing Race, I sort of started watching too and got hooked. And Cheng being the reality junkie, watched American Idol at that time too, and not long after he let me listen to some clips, I got hooked onto the show too. And then American Idol doesn't seem to be enough and we started watching Idol shows from other countries.

I refused to call them my best friend. Cause I don't think there's such a thing as "best" friend, it's kind of weird to rank your friends, best friends, good friends, etc, everyone means something to me, and it's very different for everyone.

Hence, I would prefer the term "close friend"

Ain't it good to know that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them
Oh, but don't you let them

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend
- Carole King (You've Got A Friend)

*p.s The entry is mushy...the lyrics is really mushy...i'll never write such an entry again I guess...it took me 4 days to write this....cause there's such too much to say...and i don't even know where to start...

No comments: