Sunday, November 25, 2007

Over

//Over//

Finally, it's over.

I didn't anticipate that I would be overjoyed, or esctatic after my last paper, which happen to be Biology Paper 1.

Perhaps this long 23 days has been been too taxing on my mind to even feel any joy.

Perhaps I am too numbed by this feeling of "liberation" since this is the 6th time I am having this feeling in the past 2 years.

Perhaps like Ying Cheng said, "played" too much during A levels period liao, which is kind of true for me, since I still surf you tube almost every day, I still log into facebook, basically just what I do everyday (though to a much lesser extent), I mean that's what happen when you have 3 exams in 2 days, then a 7 day break.

Whatever the reason is, I knew I wasn't going to be like too excited when I hand in my last paper. But when the examiner announced "time's up, pen's down", at that very moment, I still feel a sense of liberation. It's not a "Yay it's over!" kind of liberation, more like "*Sigh*, it's finally over...." kind of feeling. Liberation nonetheless.

I daydream a lot during the A level period and slightly prior to it, cause I think I mentioned it before, when I mug, I get bored easily, and that's when I daydream the most. The scene of me handing in my last paper to the invigilator keeps playing in my mind, especially at the beginning of A levels, and that's seriously one of the main motivator that kept me going all the way, cause I always feel sooo happpy just imagining myself handing in that last paper. Maybe that's why the real thing doesn't feel as good, I mean, when something is so hyped up, it's hard to beat the hype I guess?

Nearing the end of A levels, I have even more time to daydream, since my last 3 papers are Chem MCQ, Bio MCQ and Bio paper 3, which aren't really very intensive when it comes to mugging. Instead of thinking about the last paper, I start to think more about the past. I try to remember all the mugging/crapping sessions I had with my friends, some of the more memorable tutorial sessions...just random stuff like these.

The fact that A level, and JC school life in general, is ending seems more and more real. Before that, it was something that I dream about, at that point, it was something was really going to happen soon.

I mean I talk with my friends so much about how school is ending, how this is the last tutorial session, how this is the last this and last that, but 22nd Nov is really going to be the end. I just can't quite reconcile with that fact it is really ending.

As I stepped out of the school gate that day, it was kind of a mixed feeling. Afterall, that has been my school for my past 6 years. I won't be stepping back into the school compound feeling that same way ever again.

I will miss complaining to my friends that 151 takes 30 mins to come and half of them are non air-con. I will miss the ugly brown uniform. I will miss Evelyn Ong's SMB message with 1001 different attachments. I will miss Pauline's sms from mrs ong to remind us to go to IVLE to check her newly uploaded econs articles. I will miss the 1 hour long tutorial discussing just 1 Bio MCQ. I will miss playing bridge at the class bench everyday after school. I will miss stoning at the class bench for hours before deciding what to do after every exam. I will even miss the Malay stall's curry chicken.

Okay, I think I am crazy. I will probably forget about these stuff soon, but still anyone who knows me will know that I hate changes, so it will probably take me a while to adjust myself mentally.

If my 12 years in this education is glycolysis, and NS is Krebs Cycle, then this 23 days before my enlistment is definitely the Link Reaction, which is kind of useless, but still necessary for me to adjust my mindset before I stepped onto Tekong to contribute to the nature by feeding the mosquitos.

Please don't mind my Bio analogy, I would forget most of these stuff soon anyway, so let me use them as much as possible before they get erased permanently from my memory.

No comments: