Saturday, May 26, 2007

End

//End//

Woots! The 1 month "mug-for-BT2" holiday is here!

Haha..how oxymoronic...got such word? adjective to oxymoron...like how moronic is the adjective to moron...

Unlike most people, I wasn't really looking forward to the end of term. I wasn't excited at the prospect of the hols. I sort of gotten used to going to school (after 11 years of life as students), and actually enjoy going to school! *gasp* It would be like my last term of actual school life come term 3. I actually don't want it to end...

There are actually lots of perks for being a student....concession rates...I mean..45 cents for a MRT ride regardless of where you are going is really cheap! Then you get all the student packages...like student meals at Macs/KFC/BK...KStudent...and all these is going to end like in a few months time! Can't believe it...

And as a student...you get paid (by your parents) to do nothing but study and get good grades!

Went for comm serve for the last time (officially) on Thur...it's kind of a weird feeling...knowing that it will probably be one of the last time I would be seeing the kids and teaching them...

It has been a fulfulling year at BHS for me...teaching all the kids..though I know I probably didn't make an impact in terms of studies...since most of them don't have the motivation to study anyway...at least I was there like once a week...to accompany them and talk crap with them...played lots and lots of hangman...drew for them...folded paper boats for them...

It may not seem much...and it probably didn't do much to impact their lives in anyway...but the very fact that they are there means that they won't be loitering around after school...hanging out with god knows who...at least they are hanging out with good people (like me! haha) at the centre...

And going for comm serve for me isn't just about the kids for me...through all the comm serve over the year...it became sort of a routine thing for a couple of us in the class too...so it's about going to comm serve with them too...

I always enjoyed the dinner/sweet talk/old chang kee sessions with them....it became a habit for us to walk to Tiong Bahru Plaza after comm serve...and we would have dinner tgt sometimes...if not we would buy sweet talk...or old chang kee...and sit down at some corner and start eating and talking...

There's lots of different combination...like there was once me mitch and ever sat at some corner with our sweet talk and just crap talked for quite some time..and there were a couple other times which we stayed qte late after comm serve at tiong bahru plaza too....and I remember this year, during the CNY week, me mitch and cheryl just sat the macs from 7+ to almost 9...just because it was CNY celebrations in school tmr so we don't want to go home early...there was even once when it's just me and mitch...and once when it's just me and ever...

other combi includes me mitch yuming ever....me mitch yuming and pauline....and earlier on there was xinyi, wilson, mann ying and a couple others too...just permuate and rearrange it...and you get the different combinations...

I am really really going to miss all the times spent at Tiong Bahru Plaza after comm serve...at some level, maybe that is why I feel closer to certain people in the class than others...I really doubt we can afford the time in term 3 even if we go for comm serve anymore...

So on the very last official comm serve day...me and mitch just went to sit at the different spots which we sat down and talked before...haha...kind of lame...but i think it kind of provided a closure for me...

Mitch told me it's not like we won't ever go comm serve again...but it's just like the last day of school in primary school...or secondary school...or last training in st john...I know it won't be the last time I would see my classmates, I know it won't be the last time I would be in the school, I know it won't be my last time at a St John training...but I also know that it won't feel the same anymore...

I hate for things to end...but I guess if I know it won't end, I won't treasure it as much, would I?

All good things must come to an end...

No comments: