Saturday, February 17, 2007

Taiwan Part I: Donuts & Xiao Long Baos

//Taiwan Part I: Donuts & Xiao Long Baos//

Chinese New Year break starts today officially! Which = time for me to upload photos from TIP finally on my blog! Since xlb is so excited over the donuts, I shall be nice and post more pictures of the donuts and of course XIAOLONGBAOsss.

Famous "Mister Donut"

Look at the queue...

Such a wide variety...

They even rate the donut..5 stars being sweetest, 1 star being least sweet...

The kids you saw in the previous photo, who came with another young (but older than them) kid to buy DONUTS...

More donuts...

Ok...now for the pictures of XIAOLONGBAOsss and many more other stuff from Ding Tai Feng, it's kind of funny, cause I took a name card, then the first outlet I saw was some Orchard Road outlet, I was like "there's orchard road in Taiwan too?!" before I realised oh, that's the Singapore Outlets. Haha...Ding Tai Feng has outlets like even in South Korea and USA...and ALL the outlets are printed on the name card...

Ding Tai Feng!

The "86" is the queue number...

The crowd is crazy too, that's my buddy's mum and sister (the one in pink) by the way...

XIAO LONG BAOsss

See the soup inside...like OMG...

Some other dian xing...that taste just like xlb but with a prawn on top...

Close up!

Smokey smokey, this is some glutineous rice thing...

Closeup!

Of course I couldn't resist! I think I ate like 5 out of 10 xlb...haha...cause his family are super nice...they know I love to eat xlb..so they really really never eat...so touched...

Time for desert! Some xlb-lookalike thing but with YAM inside...

Hmm..haha..forgot the name...just remember it's yummy...

Another yummy dessert...that's the Yu Cheng uniform I'm wearing by the way...I like the vest thinggy...

Where all the xlbs are made!

Looking at my photos, I realised there's so so many photos I want to post...like the photos of my 8D's house....(8D = buddy's..haha..as quoted from kaiherng's blog)...his school...the lessons I went for...all the food from the night market...spastic photos from the tour....and I think I finally got the time...since it's CNY break

Haha, it's like Feb already...everything seems back to normal...school's been really busy and all...lots of stuff has happened...but still...I think I'm still reliving the memories in my mind very frequently...especially when I'm stoning on my bus rides home....

I wonder how long it will take for me to start to stop thinking about it at all...not that I want it to happen, but I think it's inevitable...

No comments: