Wednesday, January 10, 2007

School

//School//

I realised my life has always revolved around school.

Ms Lim was asking us whether we remember the things we did when we were 3 years old during GP lessons, cause we were talking about Singapore education system and somehow, the topic on Kindergarden came up...

Then I tried to recall my life when I was 3 years old, and what keeps popping into my mind was the first day in school in Kindergarden...

I remembered certain "scenes" particularly clearly, like how I was sitting there with all the other kids, with parents crowding around the classroom...

The next thing I can remember was we did colouring that day. We were supposed to colour the elephant black, so I did, and in fact I was one of the first ones in class to finish. But I accidentally coloured the eyes too, so what's lying in front of me in the colouring book was a pile of black mess. I looked around, realising all the other kids are still colouring, then I looked back at my black mess, and I freaked out. I don't know why, but I just feel like "Shit, I screwed up on my first day of school already." and I started crying.

Like really loudly and attention seeking kind.

And I remembered I kept crying, and the next scene I remembered was the classroom was empty (with no kids that is), and my mum and aunt were there with my teacher (Miss Ang!) trying to comfort me (who was still crying).

Kind of freaky how I can remember my first day of school in Kindergarden in such great details.

It's even freakier for me to realise that I cannot remember anything about my life before I went Kindergarden. So in other words, the "earliest memory" I have about my life was my first day of school in Kindergarden.

See, I told yout my life revolves around school.

I also remembered my first day of school in primary one and secondary one, but ironically I cannot really remember to great details what happened during my first day in Hwa Chong JC, except for the fact that there were a lot a lot of academic talks, and that my OG played Whacko for ice breakers. What I do remember about my orientation in Hwa Chong wasn't the games we played or the programme organised by the council, it was all the times spent learning and rehearsing the dance with the class for the Campfire performance.

Speaking of class, I was really excited about meeting the Junior Class. But now that we've met them, the excitement is gone. Back to the mundane and monotonous life. Nevermind, there's still campfire to look forward to. Some of them (or maybe most?) looked really sad to be in that class...maybe cause most of them don't know each other very well at all, yes even the Chinese High guys look like they don't know each other at all.

Hopefully this will change with time, it doesn't really affect us that much, but for me, if I were to suffer in class that I don't like for 2 years, I would die, so I think it's better to make the best out of it and try to be more enthusiastic about stuff.

Back to what I was saying, my life really revolves around school.

I don't have much friends outside of school, all my friends are either primary school, secondary school or JC friends. I don't have church friends, neighbours around the same age, I'm not close to my cousin, so basically, all my friends are met through school (as in ones that I still keep in contact with that is). It's really sad and pathetic.

And I found myself most comfortable talking about school-related stuff. Gossips about teachers, schoolmates, talk about subjects, how I hate Maths, and so on. All of them are school related. Probably cause I talk to people in school mainly anyway.

I need to reflect.

But I would probably spend the time catching up with my ever lagging studies, or the probable thing I would do with my time is to idle it away.

I would try to sleep before 12 everyday from now onwards! Sleeping at 3+ almost everyday over the past 3 years have reduced my health level so much that I would get sick once a month. (Don't ask me why I sleep at 3+ everyday, I just idle my time away.) Though it's not some major illness, I'm tired of getting a sore throat, followed by a blocked nose and a cough almost every month.

So since the doctor advised me to sleep early, sleep early I shall!

I just realised the last few paragraphs have totally nothing to do with what I wrote in this entry at all...

No comments: