Saturday, June 13, 2009

Movies 2009

//Movies 2009//

Looking at the left side column, you would realise that I've only watched 4 movies so far this year (of which, one isn't even watched in the cinema), and it's already june!

So I decided to take note of some upcoming movies that I'm going to watch when it comes out later this year...

Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince


Date of release: 16 July 2009
Comments: I shouldn't have problem finding people to watch this with me...but..well..I couldn't find anyone to watch Angels & Demons with me...so I better start finding people...like now.

Up


Date of release: 6th August 2009
Comments: I usually love Pixar animated movies. "Cars" & "Ratatouille" were my favourite movies in 2006 and 2007 respectively. "Wall.e" in 2008 wasn't bad either, so I definitely have high hopes for this.

The Proposal


Date of release: 20th August 2009
Comments: Looks funny enough from the trailer, and I always love light-hearted movies. But if I can't find people to watch this with me, I guess I won't mind watching it on the comp either.

My Sister's Keeper


Date of release: Unknown
Comments: Seems emo enough, and to most, probably boring bah. I guess whether I watch this in the cinema depends on when it comes out, if it's a season with no movies to watch at all, I may very well catch it in the theatres alone, if not, it's another one of those movies that I will enjoy from the comforts of my room.

Shutter Island


Date of release: Unknown
Comments: Definitely intriguing, the trailer kind of reminds me of "V for Vendetta", "Lost" & "Harper's Island" all mixed into one. Any takers for this?

Julie & Julia


Date of release: Unknown
Comments: This seems light-hearted without being too cliche and corny. Meryl Streep is a definite plus point to watch this too. I think I can already guess who would be interested in this movie.

New York, I Love You


Date of release: Unknown
Comments: Looks promising, but probably not worth the 10 bucks bah.

500 Days Of Summer


Date of release: Unknown
Comments: Reminds me of the movie "Amelie", only a bit less artsy. The concept of jumping around the 500 days should be interesting in this movie. I think I would want to catch this in the theatres.

The Ugly Truth


Date of release: Unknown
Comments: Light-hearted yes, but seems a bit too fluffy, so not sure too if it's worth the $$$ to catch it in the theatres. I guess timing of when this movie comes out is important too.

No comments: