Tuesday, December 19, 2006

T.I.P: Lessons

//T.I.P: Lessons//

It's been long since my last update.

Actually I started writing this entry about a week ago...but since then I haven't really had the time to continue writing because I would reach home everyday at around 11+ (from shopping and eating and playing outside of course)...and after some dilly dallying and chatting with Kendall's parents plus packing, it would already be 1+ and I would be so tired that I would just go sleep...

So today, I finally decided to finish this entry...before I return to Singapore, which is really soon...I only have 2 more days in Kendall house and 1+ more day in hotel before going back to Singapore...

There's just so much interesting things...or rather new stuff that I experienced here...that I want to blog about and post pictures etc...

Food here is fantastic...weather is fine (except last Sunday when it dropped to 10 degrees)...most of the time it's around 15-20 degrees...on colder days it can drop below 15 or rise above 20 on the warmer days...

Though I've only been in Taiwan for almost 2 weeks...I feel very much at ease here...like I've always lived here and is very used to the lifestyle here...

Since there's so much I want to talk about, I shall break it up into smaller parts...and talked about lessons first...

Lessons here are rather interesting...they have lessons the whole day from 8 to 5...and even in High school level (which is our JC level)...they take all subjects...including history...geography etc...

It's really late now...and there's lessons tomorrow...I shan't go into details...next time maybe...

Here are some photos...





This is their classroom


They actually have Magic as a CCA...these are his classmates entertaining me with their magic tricks during breaks in between lessons.


CHINESE LESSONS! And the first 2 periods I had with his class is CHINESE! OMG! Totally cheem. And they write from right to left, up to down (even for their chinese text books)...most of their text is in wen yuan wen...as in those cheem cheem old style of writing that no one understands....


This is their English lessons...my buddy got 3/100 for his translation test yesterday!!! But it's mainly my fault though, cause he brought me out till 11+...so he had no time to study...the test today (which he studied for)...he scored 97/100...

The English teacher keep asking me read the examples (they have a English version of out ci yu shou ce, and I was asked to read the zao ju) for the class...and for once...I feel that my English is good...


But then there's this classmate of Kendall...Bo Jun...he can speak English very very very well...

I put my Issues and Ideas on the table...and he could actually read out an entire paragraph (about democracy) with very standard pronounciation (much more standard than mine...even with an American accent...cause Taiwan is learning American English)...though he don't understand what the whole paragraph is about...


On a completely unrelated note, Death Note II is out already here...for quite some time...hopefully I can catch it before returning to Singapore...

More to come...

No comments: