Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Leaving On A Jet Plane

//Leaving On A Jet Plane//

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
- John Denver (Leaving On A Jet Plane)

In less than 12 hours time, I would be flying off to Taiwan. And I finished packing just about an hour ago. That's how efficient I am.

Am I excited?

Not really, not right now. I was 2 weeks ago, but as the date drew nearer, the excitement sort of got replaced by other emotions.

I would say I'm more worried than excited at this point of time. I am ALWAYS worried whenever I go for a camp, chalet, or overseas. I would be worried about forgetting to pack some important stuff, like how I forgot to bring camera when I went Thailand last Dec...or how I forgot to bring sandals when I went for my last St John camp in sec 4.

And I worry about homework. What would happened to the piles of untouched holiday assignments? What would happen to all the tests that is going to happen when school reopens?

Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe I hate to go
- John Denver (Leaving On A Jet Plane)

As much as I really want to go Taiwan, there's a part of me that longs to stay in Singapore. Although my life has been pretty boring so far this holidays, there are still tonnes of things I would miss when I'm in Taiwan...

I would miss all the shows I watched...all the outings with the class and squadmates...my mum's cooking (though this can be compensated by all the good food in Taiwan)...and of course MAO MAO! (mao as in hair...cause he's got lots of hair)





He is just so so so adorable. I am really really going to miss him a lot when I'm in Taiwan.

With all that being said, I'm still positive that I would have a great time over there.

I was looking at some of the photos this afternoon, photos of the Taiwanese when they came to Singapore. Then I realised I never really blogged about what happened when they came, or posted any photos for that matter. So shall post a few photos here before I leave for Taiwan.


That's me in Yu Cheng's uniform and Kai Herng in Yong Chun's uniform.


But this is what I will be wearing when I go there. Looks really... ...oriental doesn't it.


That's us goofing around at Singapore river, after they went to watch NDP.


Me and my dance partners, Siowyi and Tan Hui behind.

There are lots more photos...and every single one of them brings back memories of the times we spent together with the Taiwanese when they came...

I remembered the very first night, we (Kendall n I) went to Lau Pa Sat to have supper together with the rest of the TIP peeps, followed by a night walk along Singapore River. It was my first time in 17 years really walking along Singapore river at night too...

In just those 2 weeks, we brought them to tonnes of places in Singapore that even I wouldn't normally go...places like Little India, Singapore river, Clarke Quay...etc...

Though it was a really busy period for me at that time..with the submission of EOM, Chem SPA etc...but what I remember most is still the fun we had during that period...

For the next 23 days, I would be speaking lots and lots of Chinese...but it's ok, I still have my AQ to keep me connected to English.

I think I should be able to get internet access starting from 10th Dec (Sunday) when I start my homestay at Kendall's house, so I should be updating this blog with some photos.

See you guys on MSN!

No comments: